Jesus gave His disciples authority to :
- – Cast out evil spirits
- – Heal sickness and diseases
Am I exercising the authority given to me by Jesus by being His disciple? If not or if I am unable to exercise that authority … Does it mean that I am not truly His disciple? or…
- He doesn’t recognise me as His disciple? or,
- I don’t know whether or not I am a disciple? Or,
- I don’t know that I have that authority? or,
- I don’t know how to activate and use that authority? Or,
- having others or myself perish due to my lack of knowledge?- Hosea 4:6
Vs 1-2 suggests to me that disciples are those born again and are called to ministry to do certain work for the kingdom. Jesus had many people saved, but called a certain number to be following Him working for the kingdom??
The Apostles are called into a special ministry to be special messengers, personally chosen representatives (AMP).
The ministries are ( Ephesians 4 ):
Is that the meaning of many are called, few are chosen( Matthew 22:14)??
# Lord Jesus I believe and receive You as my Lord and Saviour. I believe that You have called me into Salvation and chosen me for ministry as Your disciple. Indeed many are called into the kingdom but few are chosen to be disciples. I believe and receive by grace through faith the authority and power for my area of calling to make an enduring impact for the kingdom of God, for the glory of God. May I know and understand my area of calling to ministry so that I am working for the kingdom in the area You have most anointed me to work in. May I get to know, understand and execute the power and authority given to me and may I use all the opportunities that You make available to me to be a blessing to others all for Your glory. I ask and receive by faith the spiritual gifts of wisdom, knowledge and discernment so that all that I do, whether for myself out others, is always aligned to Your will, purposes and plans. Amen!
The 12 Apostles sent out with specific instructions :
- – Go only to the people of Israel
- – Announce to them the Kingdom
- – Heal the sick
- – Raise the dead
- – Cure the leprous
- – Cast out demons
- – Offer these services / blessings for free as you also received them free
- – Trust in Me to provide for your needs
- – But it is OK to accept hospitality
- – For the new places you go to, seek those who welcome you and your message and stay there.
- – Start by releasing a blessing of Shalom when you enter but take it back if they reject you and my message in the end. – Those that refuse you have refused me and my message and have committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the unpardonable sin?? …and judgement day will be intolerable for them.
- – The assignment is tough
- – You will be like sheep among wolves
- – You will need wisdom / shrewdness to operate in that kind of environment.
- – But still always reflect the heart of the Father – Love, the greatest of my commandments ??
- – The kingdom of darkness and its human agents -(that can be rulers, family or friends) will come against you.
- – But this will be an opportunity to testify to them about me, Jesus, through the guidance of the Spirit of the Father.
- – Expect irrational hate from others because of the name of Jesus and being followers of Jesus. They will treat you as they treated Me.
Vs 22-23 and in the context of the sending of the Apostles to the Jews seems to suggests that this is for the people of Israel during the great tribulation?? Kind of lines up with Matthew 24
Vs 26- Don’t be afraid, the reasons for the threats against you will eventually be uncovered.
Vs 27- what is told in darkness
- – Dreams?? Or
- – The dark time is the time before the resurrection of Jesus??
- – Shout the Good News after my death and resurrection – day break ??
– What is whispered to me, shout in the housetops >> the revelations I receive from the Lord are to be shared widely??
The earthly body is a perishing body anyway, don’t worry too much about it. The issue is about your soul and who has power over it and it is only the Lord that can destroy both body and your soul in hell.
I shouldn’t be afraid of anything but the Lord – fear of the Lord. The Lord has good plans for me, to prosper me and give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11 )
It is about acknowledging Jesus and putting Him above all else including family.
It is about losing my life to Jesus in order to save it ( consenting to be saved by the only one who can – Jesus). Die in Jesus and be born again in Him. Die in the world and…. remain dead forever?
We carry Jesus and His message in us. Those who receive us therefore also receive Jesus. Jesus also carries the Father and the Father’s message. Those who receive Jesus therefore also receive the Father.
Receiving the same reward of a prophet if I receive a prophet.
Receiving the reward of the righteous by receiving the righteous.
We can only gain by serving others, even in the slightest seemingly insignificant ways and we shall be rewarded for it.
Salvation is guaranteed ( by the Blood alone ), rewards are optional ( by works)??
We are presumed innocent until proven guilty by our own actions – Judas was still chosen!
Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Philippians 2:9-11 )
- So either do it freely, possibly the first time one gets the revelation …
- Or wait for some personal tribulation like some of us for our eyes to be open to the revelation …
- Or wait for worldly tribulation…
- Or go to hell for eternal tribulation!
It is either Jesus or tribulation?? It is either believing in Jesus or not. The test of faith for those who believe –
# indeed Lord God lead me not into temptation and deliver me from all evil. Lord have mercy on me! May I just believe and receive You by grace through faith and may You cut out all the unnecessary drama ( from my own doing or from the enemy ) from my life. Grant me Your Grace to overcome those trials that You have deemed necessary for my life and for my good ( my cross) . May I be able to accept, do and persevere in those situations that are from You and would bring glory to You. May I be part of those called ( ruptured?) to the wedding feast of the Lamb ( Rev 19:9) before coming to rule and reign with You at the time of the millennium. May my works on earth be focused on heavenly riches and rewards, seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all the other things shall be added. Grant me the ability to discern reward opportunities that You have put in place, like in receiving prophets and the righteous, as that is a better bet than trying to figure out the lottery or some good deal in my desire for seeking and getting rewards. Amen!