November 1, Lord Favor
Last Sunday , Pastor Jared
- God is Good for His Love endures forever
- Anything we do to be a blessing to others has to reflect / accompanied by the Love of God to them
- Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest is LOVE
Blessed with John 15
- Jesus is the TRUE vine, other vines of the world or flesh produces bitter fruits
- The Father provides all that is needed for us to bear fruit through Jesus His Son
- When we attach ourselves to Jesus, we produce good fruit and He cuts out the bad parts in us so that we can produce even more fruit.
- This will be fruit that we can share with others
- It will be the godly fruit in us that others will be attracted to in us.
- Fruit of the Spirit — Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Self control ( Gal 5:22)
Job 36:8-11 (NIV)
8 But if people are bound in chains,
held fast by cords of affliction,
9 he tells them what they have done—
that they have sinned arrogantly.
10 He makes them listen to correction
and commands them to repent of their evil.
11 If they obey and serve him,
they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity
and their years in contentment.
- God is merciful and kind. We can cry out to Him on an issue and He shows us what the problem is.
- If we LISTEN and OBEY, life will be pleasant and we shall be prosperous
God can reveal Himself according to our need – I AM
Exodus 3:13-15 (NIV)
13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord,[d] the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.
- I was blessed that God can reveal Himself as what we need him to be in our lives
Psalm 91:14 (NKJV)
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
- Challenge :- God knows us by name, do we know His?
A few of the names of GOD as I AM
- Yahweh / Jehovah
- I Am who I Am —
- The name was given to Moses
- A presence of God in our lives to be whatever we want Him to be
- Psalm 107:13 — deliverance
- Psalm 25:11 — forgiveness
- Psalm 31:3 — guidance
- The Lord our PROVIDER
- Genesis 22:14
- God provided Abraham with a ram to be sacrificed in place of his son Isaac
- Philippians 4:18 (NKJV)
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- The Lord our HEALER
- Exodus 15:26
- The Great Physician who heals, restores, makes healthy
- Isaiah 61:1
- Luke 4:18
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[j]
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases
- The Lord who sanctifies, makes Holy
- Leviticus 20:8
- We are cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb
- The Lord our BANNER / our REFUGE
- Exodus 17:15
- We identify ourselves with God Almighty
- Example , how a flag identifies us with our country
- Blood of Jesus ,
- The Spirit of God
“Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).
- The Lord our PEACE
- Judges 6:24
- Casting our cares to the Lord, for He cares for us — 1 Peter 5:7
- Peace that surpasses all understanding
Romans 5:1 which says “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we now have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- The Lord our SHEPHERD
- Psalm 23:1 — The Lord is my shephard, I shall not want
- If I agree to be a follower of Christ, He will guide me in all my ways and nothing else will matter
- He is our friend, who guides us , provides for us…
- He will guide us through difficult situations
Jesus reveals himself as I AM or Yaweh
- John 8:58
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
- Paul quotes Joel 2:32
32 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.
In Romans 10:13
13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Can’t limit God