Sunday October 18 — Teaching
- Kesha at Jesus Teaching Ministries — Pst. Peter Manyuru
- Teaching on Vision
- God’s revelation for our lives should be our vision and it is revealed through His Spirit
- >> The Word of God should speak to us individually
- Jesus walked in God’s revelation for His life, revealing His vision in His first ever sermon of His ministry in Luke 4:18-19, according to the Holy Spirit revelation in Isaiah 61.
- He was successful in His Ministry the benefits and impact that have lasted to this day.
- Just like Jesus, for us to be successful in this life, we need to align our lives according to God’s revelation for our lives — This becomes our Vision
- Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) tells us that those without vision perish.
- We are blessed here at Lord’s Favor Ministries to have a pastor that has the prophetic gift that can help each of us define & confirm our vision through God’s revelation for our lives.
I also had a chance to spend time with pastor on Thursday
- Making use of his prophetic gift to get God’s revelation for my life — encourage each of you to do so
- God gives us gifts to be a blessing to others, not for our selfish gain
- Paster David uses his gift to be a blessing to us and he in turns benefits
- We use our talents to be a blessing to others and we in turn benefit – salary, a business etc
- The principle that I get is that the more we share of God’s gift in us, the more we benefit
Last Sunday, pastor Oria taught on John 6 where Jesus tells us He is the true manna from heaven that gives us eternal life. We are supposed to eat his flesh!
- Manna is the Word of God, which is our spiritual food
- What happens when we eat food?
- When we eat food, it becomes part of us and sustains our life
- By eating our spiritual food, Jesus becomes part of us, he sustains our lives to eternity
- Just like we get physically healthy by eating well every day, we also get spiritually healthy by eating the Word of God every day.
- That is probably why manna was only to be collected enough for a day, and collected each day otherwise it got spoilt.
- Just like manna got spoilt when not used according to God’s instructions, the Word of God gets spoilt or becomes useless when not applied correctly in our lives.
- My people perish because of lack of knowledge!!
What has come to me…
- We had been challenged one time that we should be moving from spiritual milk to meat, from spiritual infants to mature Christians.
- Michael example…..
- Milk can just be swallowed.
- But meat has to be chewed before swallowing.
- We should not just be swallowing the Word of God
- We need to eat and chew on the Word of God, and every Word that comes from God.
- Jesus himself quoted Deuteronomy 8:3 (NKJV)
- …man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every wordthat proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
- This will include the many ways that God speaks to us, through dreams, visions and prophetic words from His servants
- That involves meditating on the Word of God that will get us spiritually bigger and stronger
- Sharing the Word of God, as we saw earlier that the more we bless others with God’s gift in us, the more we benefit also by God blessing our lives.
- Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV)
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
- Pastor example when he went to preach in another place
- My own example from what the Spirit of God accomplished in me when the Word was spoken by pastor Oria on John 6 on what is the true manna from heaven.
Therefore my conclusion from chewing on the Word of God this past few weeks:
Prayer, Fasting and The Word of God is what moves God in our lives
- We need to align ourselves with the revelation of God in our lives through every word that comes from the mouth of God.
- Involves reading and meditating on every Word from God in our lives and doing or aligning ourselves to it.
- How does God know we truly have faith and trust in Him?
- We need to pass the tests of God to prove to God that we actually have our faith and trust in Him.
- Faith without the corresponding works to prove our faith, is dead
- We therefore need to FAST from the ways of man, the flesh and the world.
- We need to focus on the spiritual things of God and not put our trust on the ways and wisdom of man or be ruled by the flesh – FASTING
- When we leave the ways of the world and focus on God, we develop a relationship with Him and through constant communication He reveals Himself and ourselves to us — PRAYER
Zec 4:6 — Not by might, nor by power but by my spirit says the Lord
A friend of God
People will be attracted to the God that moves in us
Corporate level application –> To grow the ministry