LFM 13 March 2016
Lessons from past weeks
- We are on a street called Straight at Lord Favour Ministries – Kunyoroshwa / Kurekebishwa
- Like Saul’s road to Damascus, we are to: — since we are called to be servants of God
- Hear the call of God – God choosing us Vs Us choosing God
- Hearing from the author / manufacturer à Prophetic ministry
- Everyone has a call of God in their lives
- Figuring our purpose in life
- We can only excel in what God has called / designed us to do
- Mecedes kulima shamba, specialised tools for tailors / electricians
- Accept the call of God – What must I do? God needs our consent
- Asking the Author / manufacturer
- Nokia phone taken to Samsung outlet / Chinese
- Separate ourselves and seek further instructions (Manual constitution ) – Prayer / Fasting / Word of God
- PRAYER & FASTING – Seeking the relationship to understand the call of God
- Being adequately equipped to handle the call for our life
- Orientation & training –> Developing Spiritual muscles — Army / Kingdom army
- Operating & intelligence Manual –> Holy Spirit guidance –> Helper / Comforter
- Hearing the voice & instructions of the Commander in Chief
- Problems ahead / How to confront a situation / Forward march
- Intelligence network / Silaha –> Gifts & fruits of the Spirit to operate effectively
- Serikali iko na Siri Kali kweli –> Someone tracked to Kisumu
- Why do we need an intelligence network? –> An invincible enemy
- Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV)
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- World is about dealing with problems — > we need all the help we can get
- When we are born, the first thing we do is cry / kulia
- No one is born laughing
- Showing that life is a battle / maisha ni mapambano
- When we are born, the first thing we do is cry / kulia
- Lessons from Saul’s road to Damascus
- Kupangiwa na kuingia kwa box ya Mungu
- loosing to God = winning in life
- As opposed to –> Maisha ni kujipanga , Yesu Afuate
- Rather –> Maisha ni kupangiwa na Yesu, mimi nimfuate
- Paul became the greatest apostle to the gentiles
- We will succeed mightily if we get into line of our divine calling
Success by Design — God’s design = Success
- Ken – fundi wa mavazi – design for a suit, cut appropriately – not a dress
- Gilbert – fundi wa stima – Wires appropriate to power output required
- For each of us — in our divine calling
- Stars — our navigation systems
As declared last week, this is training ground
- So I need and encourage feedback – Broken & contrite heart, humble & teachable spirit
- I take too long, people don’t understand, people sleep, improvement areas
- Why I carry a digital bible…
- Like David and Goliath, Saul’s armour was not appropriate
- Why I refer to many scriptures à Teacher of the Word — not my words
- Why I need the Holy Spirit…
- Activates the things of God
- To remove scales from my eyes – see things differently – God’s way
- Go to Pastor and tell Him – two or more witnesses always good ….
- There is a time and season –> need to develop areas in line with our calling
- We also need to know the areas that are our greatest weakness and may affect our calling
- Just as Jesus used Peter’s boat to preach, we also as servants of God are just vessels used by God to teach & preach His Word
- We have our weaknesses as humans that need to be dealt with/controlled
- Affects many powerful men of God when they forget this — Kujipanga kwa Mungu
- Wa Pokot / Turkana – hata wakilima — AK47 kwa mgongo
- Contractor in project in Northern Kenya – Polisi wanakupatia bunduki – Shida ikitokea , kila mtu na silaha yake na Mungu wake
- Israeli – mama ako na mtoto anamlisha — AK47 kwa mgongo
- Why I carry a digital bible…
- ? From last week on Jeremiah 1:4-19:
- Choosing the Almond tree or the boiling pot, blessings or hardship
- Personally — some problems are of our own making – kujiwekea taabu
- Some things we do that invoke the anger of God
- God says we go this way , we go the opposite way
- Stubborn & rebellious spirit
- Peleka simu kwa Samsung , unapeleka kwa Chinese
- Usikojoe hapa, ndio sasa unaenda kukojoa hapo
- Maasai anauza ngombe, ananunua gari – kuingiza kwa mto gari yote na engine kuiosha – vile amezoea na kuosha ngombe
- KUJILETEA TAABU
19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
Exodus 18: 1, 6-12 (NKJV)
18 And Jethro, the priest of Midian, Moses’ father-in-law, heard of all that God had done for Moses and for Israel His people—that the Lord had brought Israel out of Egypt.
6 Now he had said to Moses, “I, your father-in-law Jethro, am coming to you with your wife and her two sons with her.” 7 So Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, bowed down, and kissed him. And they asked each other about their well-being, and they went into the tent.
8 And Moses told his father-in-law all that the Lord had done to Pharaoh and to the Egyptians for Israel’s sake, all the hardship that had come upon them on the way, and how the Lord had delivered them.
9 Then Jethro rejoiced for all the good which the Lord had done for Israel, whom He had delivered out of the hand of the Egyptians. 10 And Jethro said, “Blessed be the Lord, who has delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians and out of the hand of Pharaoh, and who has delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.
11 Now I know that the Lord is greater than all the gods; for in the very thing in which they behaved proudly, He was above them.” 12 Then Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law, took a burnt offering and other sacrifices to offer to God. And Aaron came with all the elders of Israel to eat bread with Moses’ father-in-law before God.
Power of Testimony
Jethro is a priest of Midian – serves another god
- Heard all that God had done for Moses and the people of Israel
- Came for a personal testimony from Moses himself
- Moses testified to how the Lord delivered them from hardship and from their enemies
- Jethro rejoiced in the Lord, blessed the Lord and sacrificed to the Lord
- Vs11 — Declared that – the Lord is greater than all other gods
Points on Testimony
- People should be encouraged by our testimony, especially testimony that glorifies God
- Faith comes by –> Romans 10:17
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Testifying the Word of God produces faith that lead others to believe
- John1:6-7 (NLT)
6 God sent a man, John the Baptist,7 to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony.
- The Word of our testimony also helps us overcome our enemies –> Trusting God
- Revelations 12:11 (NKJV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- AMP –
11 And they overcame and conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, for they did not love their life and renounce their faith even when faced with death.
My testimony for teaching
- Part of my testimony mentioned last time
- Transformation started the day I was told that I am tying the hands of Jesus
- Like Saul, I thought that I was doing things right in the eyes of God
- There were aspects of my life that was not according to God’s standard
- Interesting that after some hardship is when we really look for God – kutafuta Mungu
- God can allow certain hardships so that we can look for him
- Otherwise we usually take God for granted – Kumzoea
- 2 Corinthians 7:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
- AMP –
9 yet I am glad now, not because you were hurt and made sorry, but because your sorrow led to repentance [and you turned back to God]; for you felt a grief such as God meant you to feel, so that you might not suffer loss in anything on our account. 10 For [godly] sorrow that is in accord with the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but worldly sorrow [the hopeless sorrow of those who do not believe] produces death.
I have seen God move in my life. The promises of God are indeed true
- Testimony to my father
- My wife and I had a testimony where
- God makes a way where there seems to be no way
- We had tried to get my wife to go on a official trip to the UK
- We needed it for medical purposes because she was pregnant and was diagnosed with cancer. The only option for Kenya was to abort the child and start her on cancer treatment.
- Doing the right thing? –> World’s / Demonic yoke or Jesus’ yoke, Almond tree or boiling pot
- Jesus –> My Yoke is easy, my burden light…
- Mathew 11:28 – 30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Imagine if I took the world’s option! Burden ya dunia? Or worse Demonic burden
- Without a wife, without a child, guilt of going against God’s Word
- If you are ever faced with a serious challenge in life pitting God vs the world, always remember…Mathew 11: 28 –
- Especially for the young, where the world has not taught you lessons
- We opted for the second opinion in UK, though it looked the most difficult
- She had to get permission from work
- We had no money for treatment and no one willing to take the burden
- The world was insisting we take the option of abortion and treatment
- People were discouraging us
That’s when you know – Mimi na Mungu wangu – No options
Intereting song says:
- I didn’t know that You were all that I needed until You were all that I had
- Sikujua ni wewe pekee ndio nilihitaji mpaka nilipobaki tu na wewe
- Psalm 27:10 (NLT)
- Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.
- She tried to get to see the PS, but to no avail.
- The secretaries always prevented her.
- Discouragement — People also said that the PS was very harsh and probably will not listen to her.
- One day we invited pastor to our house for prayers.
- It came out during prayers that the following week will be a week of divine favour.
- She should go courageously to see the PS (Peter to cast the nets again)
- Opportunity that Pastor David talked about last week
- Comply with the Word of God –> Almond tree / Blessing
- Don’t comply –> Boiling pot / Hardship
- Lord equips you with all you need for success
- She complied.
- Met the PS at the door, asked her what she wanted in a friendly manner,
- Made an appointment for her for the next day.
- Heard her request
- Changed an already approved list for a trip to ….that was to happen in a few weeks.
- She was allowed to travel a few weeks before the official delegation.
An encounter with mercy, favour or grace of God never leaves you the same again
- Faith was increased by the encounter with divine grace and mercy
- The word of that testimony always reminds me that God is there and still does miracles in our lives
- Romans 8: 28 (NLT)
- 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.