LFM – 19 June 2016
This week, still thinking on God’s Mercy & Grace
- We only recognise God when…as the song goes
- “…I didn’t know that you were all that I needed, until you were all that I had….”
- Sikujua kwamba ilikuwa wewe tu ndio na hitaji, mpaka ilipokuwa wewe tu niliokuwanayo
- Sometimes tunanganana na maisha and our heavenly Father has provided for us a solution. –> Lottery of man instead of Lottery of God –> Success Guaranteed
- Sometimes it is not necessary to be beaten so we can learn – mtoto mtukutu
- Prodigal Son –> We ignore the Mercy, Grace and Blessings of God
- Rebelling against our heavenly Father –> World –> Unnecessary Suffering
- Like the prodigal son –> Come to our senses –> Mali ya Baba that we left behind
- Isaiah 30:18 (NKJV)
So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.
- Tusi ngangane bure, with unnecessary suffering while the promise of God is that He waits to show us His Love and compassion and bless us abundantly.
- Hosea 4:6 (NKJV) –> My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
- Isaiah 5:13 (NKJV)
Therefore my people have gone into captivity, Because they have no knowledge;
Their honorable men are famished, And their multitude dried up with thirst.
Equipping ourselves with the knowledge of God –> The Word of God
- Knowledge of God prevents us from being destroyed
- Knowledge of God prevents us from being captives –> can’t go and enjoy blessings
- Let’s turn to the Lord whole heartedly –> listening, trusting & obeying
- Let us take the daily manna of the Word of God to nourish/strengthen us
- Sio nusu, nusu only when it is convenient for us OR just once a week on Sunday
- Claim the Mercy & Grace, Blessings & Favour of God while he can be found and is near –> Isaiah 55:6
- Jacob wrestling with God (Gen 32) –> Illustration of the abundant Mercy & Grace
- Let’s surrender, Go back and boldly claim “Mali ya Baba” –> Lottery of God / Life
- –> He makes crooked places straight – helping us in our problems or difficulties
- –> Or he may make straight places crooked –> Recognise & Focus on God
- Ecclesiastes 7:13 (NKJV)
Consider the work of God; For who can make straight what He has made crooked?
- >>>My example in calling me to know Him
- >>>Jacob was made to limp
- >>> Any of us where God has to force us to be blessed by putting an obstacle
- “…I didn’t know that you were all that I needed, until you were all that I had….”
Because of who God is, what He has done and His faithful promises to us –> Guarantee
- Romans 8:28 (AMP)
- And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.
- So long as you are in the plan & purpose for God => Everything should work for good
- If things are not good, then
- >> Its not within God’s plan or purpose => we never sought God first
- >> The plan and purpose of God is not yet => Tested, purified, sanctified => Training
SUCCESS => Knowledge of God through the Word of God => Love of God + Plan & Purpose
What is my Mission within God’s vision in the Church?
What is my Gift/ Calling in the Body of Christ?
- We are all called to preach the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- But under what anointing have I been called/equipped to serve in the Body of Christ?? (Minister, Ambassador , Soldier… )
- Pastor Jared — Purpose of God à Will of God for my life in ministry in the Body
According to Ephesians 4, Jesus appointed Ministers for His Church as:
- Apostles => Special messengers or representatives — Paul -> Sent to gentiles – (Generals) – Lord Favor in Kibera, Joseph / Moses / Abraham, You to save family
- Prophets => Speak a new message from God to the people — Jesus testimony in our lives — Revelations 19:10 – (Intelligence Unit)
- Evangelists => Spread the good news of salvation – travel / missionaries / Church planting-> Soul winning oriented – (Air force)
- Pastors => To shepherd and guide => People oriented – (Calvary) – Wisdom in living
- Teachers => To instruct -> Word oriented — Trainers
My Gift / Calling ==> Preaching under the Teaching Anointing
- Anointing => Special equipping of the Holy Spirit to ensure greatest success in mission
- There is a special anointing for the different missions God calls one to
- We should not try to fit into someone else’s anointing => David & Saul’s armour
- Great Success in our Mission requires TOTAL OBEDIENCE to the Will of God
- We can engage in more than one area and have more than one anointing => Paul
- 1 Timothy 1:12 (AMP)
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able for this, because He considered me faithful and trustworthy, putting me into service [for this ministry],
- I am considered faithful & trustworthy, not necessarily because I am, but as it is said…
- God doesn’t choose the qualified, He qualifies the chosen – Moses/Abraham/Paul/Peter
Romans 8:28-30 (NLT)
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[m] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn[n] among many brothers and sisters.30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.
- When we are called into the plan & purpose of God => it is for our own good
- God knows our weaknesses and sets the standard for us to be like His son Jesus
- We are chosen, justified in Christ Jesus & Glorified with Him & in Him
- God’s power working in us => produces the fruit => Nothing to do with me – John 15
- A branch has to attach itself to the True vine in order to get nourished to produce fruit
>> Any good teaching is for the Glory of God à Holy Spirit is the author, not me
- >> We just present ourselves as faithful servant to be used
The Image of a Rough DIAMOND => On the ground and covered with dirt
Being born again, We have Jesus in us – The Precious Diamond, but defiled by the world
- Washed by the blood of Jesus => salvation
- Cut so as to shine and perfectly reflect the light of Jesus to the world– Righteousness
- We need God Atuunde Vilivyo => Perfectly shine the light of Christ to the World
- …He is the porter, we are the clay….
Isaiah 64:8 (NLT) => And yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand.
When we allow God to work in us for His Glory, He retrieves us from the defiled world, washes us with the blood of Jesus, cuts out the imperfect aspects of our lives so that we may reflect the light of His Son perfectly. He therefore elevates us so that we can reflect this light to others and people will be amazed at what the Lord has done in our lives.
Preaching / spreading the Word of God under the teaching anointing of the Holy Spirit
- Need a revelation of Jesus Christ (Word) + Power / Enabling of the Holy Spirit
- Seed ( word of God planted in me) + Water (of the Holy Spirit) = Life (fruit)
All Ministries seem to require a Holy Spirit Revelation of Jesus Christ
- Teaching Ministry => … of Jesus Christ as the Word of God
- Prophetic Ministry => ….of Jesus as the Heart of God – Testimony of Jesus
- Pastoral Ministry => … of Jesus as the Love of God — Problem Solver – – Marriage
- Evangelistic Ministry => …of Jesus as the Light of the World
- Apostolic Ministry => ….of Jesus as the Great I AM
Secret to getting more revelation from the Holy Spirit
- Luke 8:18 (AMP)
So be careful how you listen; for whoever has [a teachable heart], to him more[understanding] will be given; and whoever does not have [a longing for truth], even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him.
- >> Able to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit
- >> Be humble & teachable & a longing for Truth
Basic principle of using God’s gift in our lives
- The more we give of the gifts of God as a blessing to others, the more we receive
- Luke 6:38 (NLT)
Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.[c]”
- The gift is pressed down to make room for more
- The parable of the talents => the one with more gets even more as he gives
- Some have many gifts, some have few non because of this principle
- Gifts are an assignment from God – He can always chose another – P. Jared
Gifts prepare us to be effective in our calling
If we ignore / despise God’s Gifts ==> Parable of the Servants / Talents
- Luke 19:26-27 (AMP)
26 [Jesus explained,] ‘I tell you that to everyone who has[because he valued his gifts from God and has used them wisely], more will be given; but from the one who does not have [because he disregarded his gifts from God], even what he has will be taken away.’ 27 [The king ended by saying,] ‘But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in my presence.’”
Accepting God’s Gift = Accepting God ……Rejecting God’s gift = Rejecting God!!
- Gifts / Blessings are from God & those who use the wisely are blessed / given more
- If we are not being blessed or adding to our gifts => we have disregarded or ignored??
- We are considered enemies of the Lord if we disregard / ignore / not use our blessings or gifts wisely
- Lazarus & Rich Man => Accountability & Responsibility comes with gifts/Blessings
- 1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.
- ?? If I want to know why I am not growing as a person , or us as ministry => Clue
- Am I fruitful and multiplying the little that God has given me so that I can be entrusted / blessed with more??
Gift is for serving God within our calling in Ministry
Compressed carbon = diamond,
Jesus suffering on the cross = compressed sin = made us pure
|Its a miracle in itself to be born again. Even for us it took time to be convinced to get into line. Try go out and convince someone…|