LFM – 10 July 2016
Blessings – Mali Ya Baba
- Seeking the knowledge of the Word Of God to Know & Claim our Blessings
- Pata – Potea lottery culture => Pata – Pata ya Mungu => Prosper due to knowledge
>> Moses => Blessings of Deuteronomy 28
>> Jesus => Sermon on the mount / Beatitudes of Mathew 5
Pastor David –
- We need to find out the Wisdom of God for our breakthrough => Joshua & battle of AI
- We need the Spirit to reveal for us the secret of our lives => Not a Sunday only affair
- Grace understanding => Grace withdrawn as we move to next level – Child Vs Adult
- Moving from the land of just enough (wilderness) – to the land of more than enough (promise land / spiritual maturity)
- Deuteronomy 30:19 => All have a choice : Life & Blessings Vs Death & Cursing
- Deuteronomy 28 => list of blessings & curses + Terms & Conditions
- Galatians 3:13 -14 => Jesus has taken all the curses & left us with the blessings
>> Blessings = Jesus + Holy Spirit to guide
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 => We say our Amen through Jesus who was totally obedient & fulfilled ALL the commands (Deuteronomy 28 conditions) and we can claim our heavenly blessings.
>> Team Jesus => Jesus secured the victory for us and we all share the spoils / medals
Jesus is still the KEY. But who does Jesus consider blessed? Jesus’ definition?
Matthew 5: 3-11 (NKJV)
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Blessings / Rewards definitions according to Jesus
- (3) Coming to the realization that one needs a saviour in Jesus Christ, one is given access to the Kingdom of Heaven & the Things of Heaven
- Ecclesiastes 12:7 (AMP)
7 then the dust [out of which God made man’s body] will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.
- The poor (inadequate, incomplete) spirit is returning to its maker, we are going back to be one / whole in spirit with the Father. Acknowledging / accepting that is what gives us access back to heaven.
- Access through the Blood of the Lamb
- (4) Coming to the realization of what Christ paid for us on the Cross of Calvary, (taking all our punishment) one mourns / feels sorry for their sins and repents — Jesus in turn comforts us (assures us) that it has ALL (sins) been paid for => It is finished (John 19:30)
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV)
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- (5) One then humbles themselves to the wonderful Saviour and follows Him and His ways — and the person will inherit the earth
- The earth is for those who humbly accept and follow Jesus as their Lord and He will include them in His Government of the earth. (Soldiers follow orders)
- Psalm 37:9 (NKJV)
For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth.
- Matthew 28:18 (NKJV)
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying,“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
- Revelation 20:6 (AMP)
6 [b]Blessed (happy, prosperous, to be admired) and holy is the person who takes part in the first resurrection; over these the second death [which is eternal separation from God, the lake of fire] has no power or authority, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and they will reign with Him a thousand years.
- (6) Feeling comforted and assured of good things in heaven & earth, one continues to hunger & thirst for righteousness (Being right with God) and they are filled and satisfied with more of the things of God — Fruits of the Spirit – Love, Joy, Peace, Abundant life
- Isaiah 32:17 (NKJV)
The work of righteousness will be peace, And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.
- **(7) The more of God that one has in their lives, grateful for the mercy of God ( Not getting what one deserves => Sin wages = death) and amazed at the Grace (Getting what we don’t deserve) one is also inclined to show others mercy (huruma). We begin to act (reflect, become like) our Saviour
- Looking at others with the eyes of Jesus. They also need Jesus just as we did and still do.
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 (NLT)
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
- (8) God is the one that can purify ones heart and align it more closely to His. Having the Heart of God means we are seeing more of God in all aspect of our lives as He comes to dwell in us.
- We have proper intentions with God & man => integrity – ujanja hakuna
- Psalm 51:10 (NLT)
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.
- Galatians 2:20(NKJV)
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
- (9) One will also want to have others enjoy the peace of God in their lives and God the Father considers such His children.
- Seek and maintain peace => watu wa Amani
- Weka Taya culture of the 90’s, Mawe football culture of the 80’s
- One will want to share the fruits of the spirit with others – Love, Joy, Peace…
- A son reflects the character of the father.
- Romans 8:14 (NLT)
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children[g] of God.
- John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- As one depopulates hell and populates heaven, and is a person of integrity in the things of God (does not compromise) the enemy is not amused and persecution & counterattacks against one starts.
- That is when we know we are on the right track to heaven to receive our heavenly reward.
- Great rewards await those that are persecuted for God
- John 15:19 (NKJV)
If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
- Matthew 10:22 (NKJV)
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
- Matthew 6:33 => Through this seeking of the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, All the other worldly things are added, including the blessings of Deuteronomy 28.
- Basically telling us that we should not worry or priorities worldly blessings & prosperity
- Lenga Juu , utapata za chini pia
- Lenga za Mungu, Pata pia za dunia
Who does Jesus consider blessed?
- Those who know they need God
- Those who are sorry for their sins and repent
- Those who are humble towards God & man – no pride
- Those who seek the presence of God & righteousness of God
- Merciful towards others
- Have integrity with God & others – right intentions with a pure heart
- Peacemakers – seeking & maintaining peace
- Who are strong & courageous and therefore don’t compromise
What are these blessings according to Jesus?
>> Those who have access to the goodness of heaven & earth – Thy Kingdom come
>> Those who are spiritually prosperous => Light, Life & Love of God
>> Enjoy the fruits of the Spirit => Have the Joy & Peace of the Lord
>> Those with Favour with God & Man => Admired, respected & favoured by others
==> Grace, Goodness & Mercy follows them everywhere
==> immediate manifestation of the things of God e.g. Prophetic word, instant healing, revelations, protection
Basically blessings according to Jesus includes all the things money can’t buy
It is for us not to limit God but seek all the spiritual blessings that He has made available to us in Christ Jesus.