LFM – 3 July 2016
Mali Ya Baba
- Blessings / Favour => Experiencing the Love of God through Christ Jesus => Eph 3:19
- Curses => Experiencing the hatred of the enemy — kills, steals & destroys
>> Wants to separate us from the love / blessings of God
>> Those with the greatest calling usually have the greatest challenges – prison
>> But with breakthrough , they become the greatest – shetani amejaribu yote (Job)
- The enemy prevails (destroys / holds captive) because of our lack of knowledge & knowledge of God & His Word => Hosea 4:6 & Isaiah 5:13
- Knowledge & Application
- Pastor Jared
>> Confessions / Repentance set us free => the enemy can’t use our past against us because we have brought it to light & under the finished work of the Cross
>> We become mark-timing Christians due to lack of understanding of the Word of God
- Jesus is the lottery ticket with he winning numbers to ALL heavenly blessings => Ephesians 1:3
- Isaiah 55
- Heavenly blessings are guaranteed to anyone who accepts Christ & His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.
- We claim our blessings through the Word of God = Power & Authority of God
- ( His word does not return to Him void but goes forth to accomplish that which He pleases ( )).
- Resist the enemy with the Word of God (Power & Authority) and he flees => James 4:7
- Pastor Jared
>> Power comes with exercising the knowledge of God
>> Don’t go where God has not sent you => He will not be there & you may suffer the consequences of lack of wisdom for that situation
>> Let our faith speak for us => the things of God should be evident and working in our lives as our witness — actions speaking louder than words
- God is honoured when we enjoy His blessings => Your child doing well in school
Continuing the teaching on Blessings – We all want to be blessed => Lottery Culture
- But it is not all about money but much more => Health, Work, Family, Investments
- Lazima Tutoboe Baraka Lottery / Lottery ya Yesu
>> Guaranteed success — no loosing — sio pata potea – masharti yatimizwe
>> pata potea of the enemy vs pata pata of the Lord.
- Ephesians 1, 3 & Isaiah 55 described for us what blessings are
- Today we look at examples of blessings => Foundation scriptures
>> Moses => Blessings of Deuteronomy 28
>> Jesus => Sermon on the mount / Beatitudes of Mathew 5
Reference Scripture — to keep in mind
- Hosea 4:6 (NKJV) => My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
- Isaiah 5:13 (NKJV)
Therefore my people have gone into captivity, Because they have no knowledge;
Kuhangaika bure kwa kutojua => Seeking this knowledge of the Word to claim our blessings
- Deuteronomy 30:19 (NKJV)
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
- All of us have been given a choice between life / blessings Vs death / cursing
- These are listed in Deuteronomy 28
Deuteronomy 28:1-10 (NLT) => The Blessings / Good or Prosperous Life
1 “If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world.
2 You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God:
3 Your towns and your fields will be blessed.
4 Your children and your crops will be blessed.
The offspring of your herds and flocks will be blessed.
5 Your fruit baskets and breadboards will be blessed.
6 Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed.
7 “The Lord will conquer your enemies when they attack you. They will attack you from one direction, but they will scatter from you in seven!
8 “The Lord will guarantee a blessing on everything you do and will fill your storehouses with grain. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
9 “If you obey the commands of the Lord your God and walk in his ways, the Lord will establish you as his holy people as he swore he would do. 10 Then all the nations of the world will see that you are a people claimed by the Lord, and they will stand in awe of you.
- Set above others => Leadership over & prosperity – America / Uhuru
- Blessed anywhere one is — the city ama ushagoo, America ama India , Oria Migori
- Family / children are blessed wherever they are => Ndegwas/Aworis Vs Kirima/Koinange
- The house is always full of all that is needed =>Store ya State House — Supermarket
- The work of your hand — profession – Kazi kubwa kubwa anazibadilisha — Kidero
- Protected against enemies => Num 23 – No one can curse (separate) who is blessed
- Your Investments / Biashara za kando are blessed — Kula to dividends – Safaricom
- Spiritual life will be blessed => no struggle spiritually e.g. Mercy & Grace following you
Lakini => Masharti — Terms & Conditions to enjoy these blessings
- Obedience & keeping All the commands is paramount / lazima -> Vs 1 & 9
>> Otherwise curses — from vs 15 => Health, finances, family, kazi
- All of us are already knocked off the blessings as Deuteronomy 28 has terms & conditions !!??
- James 2:10 (NKJV)
For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
What do we do — Where is the answer of blessings not curses — Masharti makali
- Galatians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”[h]),14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- Jesus has taken all the curses of the law and left us all the blessings
- Tunarudi bado kwa Yesu => We can access all the blessings in heavenly places through Christ Jesus
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 (AMP)
For as many as are the promises of God, in Christ they are [all answered] “Yes.” So through Him we say our “Amen” to the glory of God.
- We say our Amen through Jesus who was totally obedient & fulfilled ALL the commands (Deuteronomy 28 conditions) and we can claim our heavenly blessings.
Team Jesus – he has won the victory on our behalf – even the substitute players still get a medal!
David vs Goliath – David won the victory for all Israel .
It is still ALL ABOUT JESUS – no way around it – hakuna kuhepa
- John 14:6 (AMP)
Jesus said to him,“[a]I am the [only] Way [to God] and the [real] Truth and the [real] Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
- Heavenly blessings are only accessed through Jesus Christ
- When Jesus says I AM – means he is everything we require — kila Kitu
- The Bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ from Genesis to Revelations
>> Scripture point to me => John 5:39
- Blessings & curses of Deuteronomy 28 point to Jesus
- No one can curse whom the Lord has blessed => Numbers 22 & 23
>> Being Blessed means being under the Cross of Christ => Numbers 2 & 22:41
>> Blessings => Experiencing the Love of God in Christ -> Ephesians 3:19
Jesus holds the key to all blessings. What does He say we should do??
Mathew 6:33 (NKJV)
- But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- Basically telling us that we should not worry or priorities worldly blessings & prosperity
- But to focus on the kingdom of God & His righteousness and all the worldly blessings such as of Deuteronomy 28 shall be added.
- Lenga Juu, utapata za chini pia
What is the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness?
- Answer is found in Mathew 5 where Jesus describes those He considers blessed:
>> Those who are spiritually prosperous => Light, Life & Love of God
>> Have the Joy & Peace of the Lord
>> Admired by others – Grace, Goodness & Mercy follows them => Favour
We pray for the revelation of the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness so that we can claim
MALI YA BABA / Our Heavenly Inheritance.
May God Help us Know & Experience His complete Favour & Blessings in our lives
Being called Lord Favour Ministries yet we don’t know or experience the LORD”S FAVOUR