LFM – 26 June 2016
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there.”
- Do you know your gifts? Do you know your calling?
>>Our gifts are related to our calling => enables us to be effective in our calling
>> Identify our gift / seed / calling and the Holy Spirit pour the living water on it for it to be activated – add life to it.
- All ministries requires a Holy Spirit revelation of Jesus Christ:
>>Teaching — Word of God, Prophetic — Heart of God, Pastrol – Love of God (intercession / praise & worship), Evangelist — Light of God (Messiah saving us from the darkness), Apostolic — I AM
- The More we use & bless others with our gifts, the more we receive
- For more revelation from the Holy Spirit => Luke 8:18
>>Able to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit
>>Long for Truth & have a Humble and Teachable spirit
- James 1:17 (NKJV)
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
- Accepting the Blessing & Gifts of God = Accepting God
- Rejecting the Blessings & Gifts of God = Rejecting God => Luke 19:27
>> If I offer a gift to someone and he rejects it = rejecting me somehow
- Looking at the parable of Lazarus & the rich man => Luke 16
- He seemed to have been just enjoying life and he found himself in hell / separated
>> Responsibility & Accountability come with blessings/gift & all we are entrusted with
>> Ignorance of the law is no excuse? Not allowed to take things fro granted?
- Ultimate rejection => Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit = Rejecting God / Salvation
- Mark 3:28-29 (NLT)
28 “I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, 29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.”
- ??God is waiting for us to show us His Love & Compassion => Isaiah 30:11
- Kuna Mali ya Baba => Guaranteed Lottery —Are we experiencing success in life?
- Lack of knowledge of God: Destroys => Hosea 4:6, — Holds captive => Isaiah 30:18
- God: crooked places straight –OR– straight places cooked => Ecclesiastes 7:13
- Therefore => We need to equip ourselves with the knowledge of God, Do we??
- An example of a promise of God => Romans 8:28
- Everything in our life should be working for good so long as :
>> We Love God
>> We are within God’s plan & purpose => Sought God’s opinion first
- If things are still not working for good in our lives, then
>> The plan & purpose of God is not yet reached –haijakamilika -Testing, purification
>> Our Love for God is questionable => we may have wrong motives – Clean Heart
David prayed for the righr intentions – Create in me a clean heart oh Lord and renew a steadfast spirit within me ( ).
The blessings of the Lord addeth no sorrow ( ).
- I am considered faithful & trustworthy for ministry, not necessarily because I am, but:
>> God does not choose the qualified; He qualifies the chosen => Romans 8:28-30
>>In spite of weaknesses — Justifies & Glorified in Christ Jesus (the standard)
>>Image => Rough diamond: Picked/Washed/Purified/Cut to reflect the light of Christ
- ?? If I am not growing as a person / ministry
>>Have I ignored / disregarded / not used wisely my gift
>>Am I fruitful & multiplying the little that God has given me so that I can be entrusted / blessed with more
>> Am I within God’s purposes and plans?
>> Are my intentions pure? Love for God & Love for fellow man?
To be a good teacher, I first need to be a good student
- A good student asks questions & questions are directed to the Author
- Reason for Holy Spirit revelation
Accepting the blessing & Gifts of God = Accepting God => Mali Ya Baba
- What is due to me as a Child of God — The Blessings & Provisions Of Abba Father
- What is it about Blessings??
- Am I enjoying the blessings of God?
- Or is it a case of perishing & being held captive due to lack of knowledge of God??
- Prodigal Son
Just like people take time for lottery like an exam — Do I take time for the lottery of life?
Ephesians 1:3, 11 (NLT)
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
11 Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God,[c] for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.
- God desires to bless us & has put in place a plan for us to receive His blessings
- We are blessed / have access to every spiritual blessing from heaven in unity with Christ
- It is an inheritance => A free gift we can claim from the Father though Christ Jesus
- >>Jesus gives us Access to ALL these Blessings => Another revelation of Jesus Christ
- >>Jesus Christ the Son of God => Lottery Ticket with the winning numbers
The Anatomy of Spiritual Blessing: What are blessings & How do we get these blessings?
Ephesians 3: 12,16,19-20 (NLT)
12 Because of Christ and our faith in him,[d] we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.
19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
- Blessings require Jesus & Faith in Him
>> Jesus often said — Your faith has made you well
- Blessings require being bold & confident in the presence of God
>>Jesus gives us the righteousness to come into the Fathers presence & boldly claim
>> 2 Corinthians 5:21 => We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus
- Blessings of God is the Love of Christ => Another revelation of Jesus
>> Makes us complete with all the fullness of life & power from God
>> Its above & beyond our imagination – like a full revelation of God
- God provides the means & blesses us when we achieve through what He has provided
>> The Spirit of God empowers us with the inner strength
>> The Spirit of God works with that power in us
>> Given an exam & the answer then rewarded for passing the exam
Who is entitled to these blessings?
Isaiah 55: 1, 3, 5, 11, 12-13
1 “Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy grain and eat. Come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without cost [simply accept it as a gift from God].
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
5……because I, the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
11 It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
13…….These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
- Everyone who thirsts is invited to come & freely partake
- Free Love Gift from God => An expression of God’s love for us through His Son
>> Was purchased for us by the finished work of Christ on the Cross
>> Guaranteed by an everlasting covenant of the blood of the lamb
>> Like a right we have to claim & enjoy in Christ Jesus
>> Because we are glorified in Christ Jesus => Romans 8:30, Ephesians 1 & 3
- We need to listen to the Word of God to find => Life, Love & Power of God
>> Enables us to live in Joy & Peace of the Lord in Christ Jesus ( Instructions on how things work)
>> The Word of God produces spiritual fruit & prospers wherever sent
>> Power in our lives when we declare the Word of God – Speaking As God Speaks ( In the home of my dad, the instructions I give as his son is taken as his word)
- The Word living & Powerful => Hebrews 4:12
- The Power & Love of God is displayed when we are able to enjoy the Blessings of God
- When we enjoy the blessings of God we bring honor to His name
- ( My father seeing me enjoying his property / blessings he has made available to me — he is proud of his son.)
- ( A proud father whose child has passed an exam or done something great)
Illustration: Calling my son to come take something from me.
- Accepting the blessings of God = Accepting God
- Blessings in life is experiencing the Love of God through Christ Jesus
- Curses in life is experiencing the hatred of the enemy
- John 10:10 (AMP)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].
- The Word of God is the Power & Authority of God — What He speaks Is
- We are blessed with all spiritual blessings found in heavenly places in Christ Jesus
- Jesus came so that we may have life and live life more abundantly
- The enemy comes to separate us from God’s blessings / Love => kills, steal, destroys
- Enemy prevails because of our lack of knowledge & knowledge of God & His Word
- James 4:7 => We resist the devil with the Word of God (Power & Authority of God) & he flees
- Jesus when tempted in the wilderness used the Word of God to resist the devil
Let us freely accept the gift of the Love of God in Christ Jesus & boldly claim — Mali Ya Baba.
Present your lottery ticket and claim your prize