LFM – Holy Spirit Anointing September 11, 2016
- Mark 9
- A revelation of the Righteousness of God (represented by the dazzling white) in Christ Jesus was manifested at the mountain of transfiguration.
- Jesus is the fulfilment of the Law (Moses) and the prophets (Elijah). Only Jesus remained.
- Romans 3: 21-22 (NIV)
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
- Ministry starts with the individual and the responsibility that God has given in different areas of life => Performing God’s plan for His people.
- In Family => Spouse, Parent, In society => Leader/ Career / Ministry
- Possibly Kibera was the wilderness experience for Lord Favour Ministry
- Abraham , Moses, Paul, Jesus all had wilderness experiences
- A time to withdraw from the things of the world and seek God & the things of God & be transformed and empowered to accomplish His will purposes and plans off our calling.
- A time of enjoying the mercy and grace of God before going in to possess the promised land
- Exodus – the wilderness experience of the people of Israel was characterised by Manna, Water, Covering of a cloud by day, Lighting of Fire by Night.
- Nehemiah 9:19-21 (NLT)
19 “But in your great mercy you did not abandon them to die in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud still led them forward by day, and the pillar of fire showed them the way through the night. 20 You sent your good Spirit to instruct them, and you did not stop giving them manna from heaven or water for their thirst. 21 For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness, and they lacked nothing. Their clothes did not wear out, and their feet did not swell!
- Moving back to Kawangware => Moving to the promised land for the Ministry
- It is the next level of what God want to accomplish with the Lord Favour
- It is characterised more and more about battling and taking possession of what God has for us individually and as a ministry and less and less about relying on the Mercy & Grace of God.
- Season of maturity in the things that God has been teaching us.
- Woman giving birth. Bearing fruit.
- Moving from childhood to maturity — Milk to meat — greater responsibility, greater reward
- A time when a trained soldier has to use His weapons in the battle field.
- At the higher level, decisions we make may have consequences so that we may learn to lead others well according to God’s will, purposes and plans.
- Manifesting the power & promises of God in the world => healings, deliverance, blessings
- Romans 8:19 (NKJV)
For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
- If we lift Jesus up, He will draw all people to Himself => John 12:32
- Focus on the presence and power of God and people will be drawn to the Kingdom of God manifested in the ministry or in our lives.
- A tree doesn’t struggle to produce fruit.
- We as branches will produce fruit so long as we are attached to the true vine => John 15
- Last week — Because of mercy & grace of the Lord, He allows certain things — like people associating with idols. Now He may start sifting those that refuse to listen & obey so that He remains with the people who have a true heart for Him and can produce and bear fruit.
Every Ministry should align itself with the mission of the vision bearer => Jesus Christ
- Luke 4: 18-19 (NLT)
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
that the blind will see,
that the oppressed will be set free,
19 and that the time of the Lord’s favor has come.[f]”
Today we look at – The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and anointed me….
- Holy Spirit power => upon us & empower us for us to operate effectively in Kingdom biz
John 14:26-27 (AMP)
26 But the [d]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.27 Peace I leave with you; My [perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]
How does a small vessel contain something bigger than itself?
- The vessels of our hearts need to be made to contain the power of the Spirit of God
- When ignited by the fire of God it will be able to contain the power of God
- — Gas cylinders are made to contain gas without leaking or exploding / being destroyed
- — Like petrol / gas / oil, it needs to be ignited for its power to manifest
- — The Holy Spirit anointing in us also needs to be ignited for the power of God to manifest
- The anointing of Old Testament leaders was done a long time before the manifestation of their leadership. That was the preparation time for them to be pruned / moulded to be able to contain the power of God => Wilderness experience / maturity process in the Spirit
- — David – anointed as a boy to be King, but the trials that he went through was preparing Him
Baptism of Jesus Christ (Christ = Anointed One) => Baptism of Holy Spirit & Fire
- Do we know what we are asking when we want Jesus and His power to manifest??
- Coming to Church …tunataka Yesu…but still holding on to other things??
- Sometimes, by the Mercy & Grace of God we do not get what we ask for
- Like Michael asking for a matchstick to play with petrol or gas
Luke 3: 15-17 (AMP)
15 Now the people were in a state of expectation, and all were wondering in their hearts about John, as to whether he was the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed). 16 John answered them all by saying, “As for me, I baptize you [only] [h]with water; but One who is mightier [more powerful, more noble] than I is coming, and I am not fit to untie the strap of His sandals [even as His slave]. He will baptize you [who truly repent] with the Holy Spirit and [you who remain unrepentant] with [i]fire.17 His [j]winnowing fork is in His hand to thoroughly clear His threshing floor, and to gather the wheat (believers) into His barn (kingdom); but He will burn up the chaff (the unrepentant) with unquenchable fire.”
- Us asking if God is in my life / if the presence & power of God is in the Ministry
- When Jesus comes, He comes with Holy Spirit & Fire
- — Are we (individual or ministry) prepared to contain the power when the Spirit is ignited ?
- — The Fire of God is like a 2 edged sword => deals with both the good & bad
- — Those not able to withstand it are burnt up like chaff, those able to withstand it are purified like gold
- — Why Pastor was saying some people are scared of prophecy
- Paul advises in ……
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NLT)
10 Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.
12 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. 13 But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14 If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.
- Holy Spirit is given to all those that are born again believers => Saved by Grace
- Fire comes to test our work of faith / level of faith in salvation => testing where our heart lies
James 1:2-4 (AMP)
2 Consider it nothing but joy, my[b]brothers and sisters, whenever you fall into various trials. 3 Be assured that the testing of your faith [through experience] produces endurance [leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace]. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result and do a thorough work, so that you may be perfect and completely developed [in your faith], lacking in nothing.
Application & Prayer
- We thank the Lord for the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives as born again believers
- May we open our hearts for the Holy Spirit to work in us and we receive His comfort, guidance, strenghth, advocacy , counsel
- I pray that this deposit of the Holy Spirit may be increased in our lives so that we are filled with all that God thorough His Spirit has available for us, including the Fruits & Gifts of the Spirit
- I pray for the anointing / empowerment of the Holy Spirit to be put into our lives and to also be activated with the Fire of God so that the power of the Spirit may manifest in our lives.
- I pray that the Lord will change in us what needs to be changed, transform in us what needs to be transformed, heal in us what needs to be healed so that we can contain the power of God working in us and through us and that we may be truly manifest sons of God that the world is eagerly awaiting.
- Through this power working in us and through us, may the name of Jesus Christ be lifted so that he may draws all people to Himself.
- Just like dirt / carbon / makaa when it undergoes intense pressure turns into a precious diamond, we pray Father that you transform the dirty / weak areas of our lives into precious stones that will shine your light and be a blessing to others all for your Glory. Your Word says you use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, may it also be that you may use us to manifest your Glory to the world
- May all aspects of our lives – all that we are, all that we have and all that we do – be set on the solid foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ and be synchronised according to your will purposes and plans so that when the testing fire comes, we are indeed purified like precious metals of gold and silver and receive our divine rewards and that our works in salvation are not useless => burnt up like chaff & straw.
- May we be attached to the True Vines that enables us to produce good fruit.
- May we experience the peace of God that surpasses all understanding
- May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Love of God & the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us always and forever more.