LFM – 23 Oct 2016 => Situations Working For Our Good
- Kila mtu ana shida zake, whether King or beggar – Lion or antelope
- Everyone to run their race, without focusing on others, but on God and our divine destiny & the things He has given us responsibility over – family, work, ministry
- All other things are distractions
- Story is told of runner who was just about to win a race and decided to look behind at the other runners – he lost the race => Loosing Focus on what God has for us!
- John 21:18-22 (NKJV) – Peter was being told….
18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”
20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?”21 Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, “But Lord, what about this man?”
22 Jesus said to him, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.”
The ?? Last week was whose are we? Whose testimony do we carry?
- At times we mostly carry the testimony of the enemy and wonder why things of the enemy prevail in our lives / or why we are not being blessed.
( A rat blows on where it is eating on a live animal or person so that the animal may not know. Am I being eaten by the enemy without knowing?)
There are only 2 choices
- We are made to worship => God or Other World/flesh/satan => example – sports
- Kingdom of God or Satan, Life or death, blessings or curses
- Our CHOICE is determined by who we submit to & worship –
- ==> Our choice then has dominion & authority over us and comes to claim / minister to us.
- There is a TEST for the choice we make => Trial/test from God, temptation from Satan
The 2 systems that govern our lives => Romans 8
- Law of sin & death & Law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus (eternal persective)
- Application – Common mistakes that even Christians make => Cutting our own blessings (Power of the tongue ) / (Trying to feed a child that is resisting)
- –> Cursing the hand that blesses us — Workplace, Church, Politics & leadership
- –> Cursing ourselves / future — spouse & children
- (Developing stereotypes that hurt us )
Whether good or bad, God can use that situation/person to bless us:
- Bless your => Boss / Workers, Pastor / Congregation, Political leaders / citizens
- I was blessed by government even though I didn’t like them
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18(NKJV)
…in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Romans 8:28 (NKJV) => And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His
Example 1: The Mighty & Powerful Used by God to serve the poor & weak
God using a pagan & unjust judge to give justice to widow
- Luke 18:1-5 (NKJV) The Parable of the Persistent Widow
18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
Example 2: Bad situation turned into a positive => Josephs brothers sold him to slavery.
- Genesis 50:19-20 (AMP)
19 But Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? [Vengeance is His, not mine.] 20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present outcome, that many people would be kept alive [as they are this day].
There is also a responsibility to bless those under you:
- Thanking & showing appreciation of workers, telling spouse I love you, hugging & blessing your teenage child
- They will wonder what has happened — Uko sawa? Unakufa? Nini mbaya?
- Through that shock, Glory will go to God => signs of change – influence of the Gospel
- =>Bwana yangu ameniambia kitu hajawai tangu tuolowe !
- => My husband has actually saod he loves me for the longest time since our wedding!!
- Revelation 2:4-5 (NKJV) — Go back to the first love & do the things you used to do
4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp stand from its place—unless you repent.
- – God
- – Spouse
- – Children
What one sows, they reap => what we say reflect what we think & what is in our heart
- Luke 6:45 => Out of the heart the mouth speaks
- Proverbs 23:7a => As a man thinks, so is he
- Proverbs 18:21 => Death & life are in the power of the tongue…we eat its fruit
- –> Sow bitterness & eat the fruits of bitterness in life
- –> Sow sweetness & eat the sweet fruits it produces in our life
For whatever negative situation we encounter -> Mimi nimeichangia nini? / What part have I played?
- It’s not about blaming everyone but myself
Prayer – Appropriate for the day – LFM
- 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22 (AMP)
12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to appreciate those who diligently work among you [recognize, acknowledge, and respect your leaders], who are in charge over you in the Lord and who give you instruction, 13 and [we ask that you appreciate them and] hold them in the highest esteem in love because of their work [on your behalf]. Live in peace with one another. 14 We [earnestly] urge you, believers, admonish those who are out of line [the undisciplined, the unruly, the disorderly], encourage the timid [who lack spiritual courage], help the [spiritually] weak, be very patient with everyone [always controlling your temper]. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek that which is good for one another and for all people.16 Rejoice always and delight in your faith; 17 be unceasing and persistent in prayer; 18 in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench [subdue, or be unresponsive to the working and guidance of] the [Holy] Spirit. 20 Do not scorn or reject gifts of prophecy or prophecies [spoken revelations—words of instruction or exhortation or warning]. 21 But test[d]all things carefully [so you can recognize what is good]. Hold firmly to that which is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil [withdraw and keep away from it].