LFM – 22 Jan 2017
Manifesting the promises of God => Ninashindaje ( How do I win) God-Pesa! Lotto – Mungu!
God has promised through prophecy, dreams & visions or through His written Word.
- Others have got… I am still waiting.
- What is my problem? What am I doing wrong?
- How does one bring the manifestation of the promises of God upon one’s life?
Ezekiel 12:25 (NKJV)
25 For I am the Lord. I speak, and the word which I speak will come to pass; it will no more be postponed; for in your days, O rebellious house, I will say the word and perform it,” says the Lord God.’”
Whatever God says, shall happen. But due to His abundant mercy & grace He may:
- Delay His Word – Ezekiel 12:25
- Changed for our benefit – Hezekiah added 15 more years => 2 Kings 20
Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV)
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
When the Lord speaks a blessing, it means that the blessing has been made available for us.
- Blessings have been put into our (Bank / Blessings) Account
- Ephesians 1:3 (NLT)
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
The issue then becomes – How do I access these blessings
- Judges 7 of last week
- Gideon was told to go with only 300 men against a mighty army.
- God declared it and made the victory available to Gideon if he believed and acted
- => This was confirmed by the dream of the enemy – Midianite
- Most times we may not have that confirmation like Gideon, but if we believe and act on the Word of God, we can take/access the victory that God has provided.
- We fight from victory not for victory
- ( Operating above the mountain top / above the snake line )
- Whatever God declares into our lives, He makes it possible for us to attain it.
- Romans 8:37 (NKJV)
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
- All blessings have been made available for us, as long as God has spoken it
- => It is for us to reach out and take/claim them (Woman with the issue of blood)
- => Like a deposit put into our bank account => requires a cheque book or ATM to access the funds
What does it require to access my blessings => Kushinda God – Pesa / Lotto- Mungu??
- Gideon had to believe God => Faith
- Gideon had to act to claim that victory that God had made available => Do actions of faith
- Faith, demonstrated through acts of faith helps us move towards the promises of God
Why is it important and what exactly is faith?
- The importance of faith is that the Word declares that we can’ t please God without faith
- Hebrews 11:6 (AMP)
But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.
- If I tell you something and you don’t believe, (calling me a liar) I will not be happy with you
- Giving someone something and they reject it – whether my child or a beggar on hte street
- Hebrews 11:1 (AMP)
Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses].
- You can’t see it yet believe =>You can’t see your brain, but you believe it is there & working
- Faith is the trust in the divine guarantee of the Lord??
How does God know that I have faith so that I can please Him?
- Faith is demonstrated by actions
- James 2:14-17(AMP)
14 What is the benefit, my fellow believers, if someone claims to have faith but has no [good] works [as evidence]? Can that [kind of] faith save him? [No, a mere claim of faith is not sufficient—genuine faith produces good works.] 15 If a brother or sister is without [adequate] clothing and lacks [enough] food for each day, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace [with my blessing], [keep] warm and feed yourselves,” but he does not give them the necessities for the body, what good does that do? 17 So too, faith, if it does not have works [to back it up], is by itself dead [inoperative and ineffective].
- Genuine faith produces good works.
- The good works is the evidence of our faith.
- An act of faith demonstrates our claim of faith.
Kusema na kutenda kulingana na ilivyosemwa => sio kusema tu
- Umeshinda Lotto – Go upstairs in Room A and pick up a bag with KSh 100K
- If you have faith in my word, you will go up and check for yourself
- It is same with the Almighty – He tells us in Ephesians 1:3 that there are blessings available for us in heavenly places but we don’t bother to go up / seek God to actually look and take!
God is looking for people to bless
- 2 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
If I am happy to give gifts to my son, what of our Heavenly Father?
We are eligible for these blessings – Just in case we think it is for others and not us
- When Born Again we are adopted into the family of God with the full privileges of a child of that home => Mali ya Daddy sasa inakuwa yetu
- Galatians 3:26 (AMP)
For you [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified and] are all children of God [set apart for His purpose with full rights and privileges] through faith in Christ Jesus.
If we just took the time and effort to think analyse and discuss the things of God the way we spend time, money and effort to analyse and play the lottery we would be manifesting the abundant blessings that God has available for us through His promises .
- Just like the lottery — money is required => Lazima ugharamie kitu => Effort required
- But unlike the lotto, all those who play according to the rules (terms & conditions) are guaranteed to win. God’s promises are faithful and true.
- Psalm 33:4 (NLT)
For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does.
Any Word from God is a promise of God with a sovereign divine guarantee
- What He speaks is established and is deposited into our account
We pray for:
- A Revelation of our blessings and how to access our account of blessings (instructions)
- …together with the strength and courage to take action and go and claim our blessings.
- …as legitimate sons of the kingdom
Most probably God will answer:
- A prayer related to something about Him – His will, purposes & plans
- A prayer about His children / His people
- A prayer of impact / change in His kingdom
- A prayer for something that will endure in His kingdom
~ Pastor Gitonga