LFM – 29 Jan 2017
The story of the Eunuch in Acts 8 blessed me
- That no matter the situation one finds themselves in , rich or poor, with issue or without:
- => Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all other things shall be added. (Matthew 6:33)
- His yoke is easy, His burden light ( )
- We come to Jesus just as we are…
- It starts with the revelation of Jesus Christ. You can’t seek God without Jesus Christ.
- => Without Jesus, one’s life, including spiritual life, cannot be fruitful (Acts 10 -> Cornelius)
- For each situation that one finds themselves in, first try to know the root cause.
- ==> What does God want me to learn through what I am going through?
- ==> For discipline , preparation, warning…
- ==>Everything is supposed to be working for my good if I love God and following His purposes => Romans 8:28
- We should not quit before the promises of God manifest. The enemy will come during the process after a promise to try to convince God that you do not have the faith to receive the blessing that God has ordered for you. Think of Job, the accuser comes with many excuses why you should not get the blessing or do not deserve it.
- When God has declared , it is as He has declared and He provides us with all we need to overcome. We are more than conquerors – Romans 8:37
- ==> Like Moses when faced with the Red Sea before the promised land, he was told to use his God given authority over the problem and the problem made a way for them to pass.
- A son in the home can speak under the authority of the Father and it shall be established
- Mark 11:23-24 (AMP)
23 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and [f]does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power], but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will]. 24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever things you ask for in prayer [in accordance with God’s will], believe [with confident trust] that you have received them, and they will be given to you.
My Faith & Acts of Faith in manifesting the Promises / Blessings of God – (Peter, Gideon)
- Needed faith in God and His Promise => come into agreement with God
- Act on the faith => get instructions/guidance & strength and courage to take action as instructed
Who am I in agreement with? This shows who I have faith in
- What I say can either be used by the enemy or by God.
- Vile unapanda maneno, ndio utaivuna – You reap what you sow
- Proverbs 18:21 (NKJV)
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
What am I confessing my faith in? Who do my words come into agreement with?
- Is it what God can use to have our blessing manifest – Agreeing with the Word to establish it?
- or, what the enemy can use to take away the blessing? He cannot create but only destroy — (Siwezi, Sina, Kubaya, Ngumu…)
Am I asking and asking with the right motives?
- They receive not because they ask not ( what I need, not what I want) => James 4: 1-5 (AMP)
What leads to [the unending] [a]quarrels and conflicts among you? Do they not come from your [hedonistic] desires that wage war in your [bodily] members [fighting for control over you]? 2 You are jealous and covet [what others have] and [b]your lust goes unfulfilled; so you [c]murder. You are envious and cannot obtain [the object of your envy]; so you fight and battle. You do not have because you do not ask [it of God]. 3 You ask [God for something] and do not receive it, because you ask [d]with wrong motives [out of selfishness or with an unrighteous agenda], so that [when you get what you want] you may spend it on your [hedonistic] desires.4 You adulteresses [disloyal sinners—flirting with the world and breaking your vow to God]! Do you not know that being the world’s friend [that is, loving the things of the world] is being God’s enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says to no purpose [e]that the [human] spirit which He has made to dwell in us lusts with envy?
Have I put God first in my request?
- Am I seeking God first so that all the things I require can be added onto me? => Matthew 6:33
- God should be first in all things in my life => For the Lord is a jealous God => Exodus 20:5
- ==> What is God saying about my relationship, spouse, children, work, relatives and friends.
- ==> Or do I also consider what others say first? …kina mababu, mganga, family, friends etc?
Are we praying with one accord / unity with God, spouse, family, Church?
- Is my prayer in line with God’s will, purposes and plans?
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 (NKJV)
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
- Psalm 133:1-2 (NKJV)
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aaron, Running down on the edge of his garments.
- I cannot pray for a second wife => Not in line with God’s will
- If I am praying for financial blessing, am I tithing?
- I cannot pray for money while my wife is saying that if I get money I will marry another! Unity??
- Selfishness => I cannot ask pastor to pray while I am not in agreement with him and not asking God to bless him and empower him more in his gift so he is more effective in his ministry.
- I just want to receive only and never give!
- Are my prayers aligned with God => For making an enduring impact for His kingdom and Glory??
- Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV)
The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
If I pray a negative prayer ( not aligned to the Word) and I receive it, I should be worried. God is probably not my father / God may not consider me His child. Illegitimate child?
My Prayer for today:
Job 22: 21-30 (AMP)
21 “Now yield and submit yourself to Him [agree with God and be conformed to His will] and be at peace; In this way [you will prosper and great] good will come to you.
22 “Please receive the law and instruction from His mouth And establish His words in your heart and keep them.
23 “If you return to the Almighty [and submit and humble yourself before Him], you will be built up [and restored]; If you remove unrighteousness far from your tents,
24 And place your gold in the dust, And the gold of Ophir among the stones of the brooks [considering it of little value],
25 And make the Almighty your gold And your precious silver,
26 Then you will have delight in the Almighty, And you will lift up your face to God.
27 “You will pray to Him, and He will hear you, And you will pay your vows.
28 “You will also decide and decree a thing, and it will be established for you;
And the light [of God’s favor] will shine upon your ways.
29 “When you are cast down and humbled, you will speak with confidence,
And the humble person He will lift up and save.
30 “He will even rescue the one [for whom you intercede] who is not innocent;
And he will be rescued through the cleanness of your hands.”