LFM – 12 Feb 2017
Jesus => The Way, The Truth, The Life
For each teaching we hear, we should get one or two points to take home & meditate on
- The Word of God that is not only Living and Powerful => Hebrews 4:12
- It does not return to the Lord void but it shall accomplish what God pleases and prosper the thing for which it was sent => Isaiah 55:11
- & when we listen to the Word & and carry the Word with us, The Word of the Lord goes to complete its good work in the area for which it was sent => in our marriages, children, work or businesses => Philippians 1:6
- Do I carry the Word of the Lord home with me to meditate on it and take advantage of its power to work in our lives?
- Do I take time to nourish and strengthen myself each day with spiritual food?
Acts 6 => the 3 points I took home:
- Successful Leadership characteristics in Family, Church & Politics
- – Well respected in the things & knowledge of God => life demonstrates Jesus / good fruit
- – Spirit filled => Has a personal & deep relationship & Can hear from God
- – Divine Wisdom => can apply what they hear from God
- Model servant of God => Steven
- – Ordinary man doing extraordinary things through the power of God working in & through him
- – That is the testimony of a lot of people that have become powerful servants of God
- ==>> God likes to use the ordinary or foolish things of this world to confound the wise => 1 Corinthians 1
- John 14:6 => Jesus is basically the only Way, the only Truth & the only Life
- Anything without Jesus as the foundation => will miss the way of it, the truth of it, the life of it!
- Colossians 1:15-17 (NLT)
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[e] 16 for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. 17 He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.
- Why Jesus is the key to everything
- The beginning of wisdom is the knowledge of God
- Application: In business & politics, the players always seek to be close to the center of power. Requires a relationship to work together and influence the distribution of wealth and power.
- In our personal life => Our various testimonies of salvation , unchanged lives
- Marriage, family & children => Jaribu peke yako uone ( try running a marriage / family on your own without Jesus…)
- Church => No move of The Spirit or Power of God manifesting with fruit & gifts, Testimonies??
- Work, Business =>Told of a story where a person who used to be a marketer of books and an usher in Church is prospering during these lean times
- Regions & Nations => Regions with resources but in idolatry & witchcraft don’t succeed
- ==>> America founded on Christian principles => Europe prospered when it embraced Christianity.
- ==>> India, Congo, Tribes & Regions of Kenya – Mganga kutoka – Kitui, Mombasa, Alego
- ==>> Wakikuyu walishika Yesu na mapema. Where prosperity is, they are => Don’t hate, imitate!
With Jesus, we leave a legacy of blessings
What legacy am I leaving? Of life and life more abundantly or of killing, stealing & destruction?
Choices have consequences. Doing nothing is also a choice!
Everyone has to make a choice of the Kingdom to serve. There are only 2 choices:
- The kingdom of God or the kingdom of the devil represented by either
- ==>> Jesus Christ or the Devil, Light or darkness, life or death, blessings or curse
- Deuteronomy 30:19-20 (NLT)
19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This[c] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
- John 14:6(NKJV) => Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
How do we come to the Father? => Jesus tell us in Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV)
- 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Why is the Road narrow & difficult?
- Because Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father
What do we do?
- Believe and receive Jesus by grace through faith
- Requires dying to self => siwewzi na sijui
- Surrendering our life to Jesus as the only one who can – Way, Truth, Life
- Ephesians 2:8-9 (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- Repentance => Change of mind & heart toward God
- Living a spirit filled life and renouncing all other ways – the flesh / self / world / devil
- Galatians 5:16-17 (NLT) => Flesh and spirit are opposed
16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.
What will Jesus do? => God’s plan of salvation, summarised !
- Colossians 1:13-14 (NLT)
13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son,14 who purchased our freedom[d] and forgave our sins.
We need a revelation of Jesus Christ as the Way, Truth & Life or we shall miss what Christianity is all about. Jesus will build on the solid rock of this revelation.
- Matthew 16:17-18 (NKJV).
17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Prayer & Application
- We want to rededicate our lives, marriages, our children, our work & businesses , Lord Favour Ministry , our country and politics to Jesus to be the foundation
- We put it all into the Ark of Salvation Jesus Christ
- In Him, it doesn’t matter what life will throw at us, we shall always float above the problem.
- Is there an area I have left out of the Ark? => I surrender it today to Jesus
- The burden has been difficult for us trying to do it ourselves without Jesus
- We cast all of it at the feet of Jesus => His burden is easy and His yoke is light
- And like the donkey carried Jesus into Jerusalem. May Jesus show us the Way, the Truth and the Life into our promise land in the presence of the Father