LFM 2019, Sunday 14 April
Am I serious with the Lord and salvation?
Honour God and He will honour you.
Being obedient and faithful and I shall see the amazing results.
Sacrifice / risk & do what God wants of me and I shall see good results
That is pleasing faith – believing in God & knowing that He rewards.
Isaiah 58 – Fasting
Knowing and understanding fasting God’s way
Do I fast for my own interests?
…does it have anything to do with God or His kingdom?
Fasting is for my own good. Really doesn’t make a difference to God, but it moves the Hand of God.
Genesis 21:14-21 – Hagar & Ishmael sent away by Abraham
Prematurely giving up on my blessing?
Pendeza Mungu na kipawa changu
Honour God with my gift
Don’t put it aside, but go and hold it ( embrace it) with both hands.
It may be a gift that is difficult to carry, requiring a certain level of sacrifice…
…E.g. with the gift of prophecy – one should be prepared to be unpopular
God can use that blessing / gift to save me from a situation.
Ata kujia mali yake ndani yangu. — He shall come for (be keen on / look for ) His gift (blessings) that He bestowed on me!
… The Lord heard the cry of Ishmael and revealed Himself to Hagar.
Romans 8 is a good description of what Hagar was going through with Ishmael
- There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
- Receive the Spirit of son ship and become heirs with Christ
- The later glory will be greater than the present suffering in Christ
- Creation eagerly awaits the manifestation of the sons of God
- The Spirit of God will help and intercede for us in our weakness
- God will eventually work out everything for good.
- Ishmael was a blessing to Hagar, and so she had to look for the blessing that came with him before giving up.
- The situation in her eyes, her circumstances, made her loose hope. Abraham sent her away, she had no way to provide for the child (blessing), had literally given up and abandoned her blessing.
- But like in most situations, it is darkest before dawn…
- ..may just need us to humble ourselves ( agree that we can’t hack it ) and cry out to God…
- …or ask God about how to handle the blessing that He has given us
- For God can work out everything ( all situations ) for my good so long as I love Him and are pursuing His purposes …Romans 8:28
- God will not only give me the desire and the power to do what pleases Him…
- But also equip me with all I need to do His will…
- I need to be willing and obedient with a heart of thanksgiving at all times and in all things…
- And allow His power to work in me and through me.
8Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believersb all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.
10In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.11All power to him forever! Amen
12Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.13For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
14Do everything without complaining and arguing, 15so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. 16Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
20Now may the God of peace—
who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus,
the great Shepherd of the sheep,
and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—
21may he equip you with all you need
for doing his will.
May he produce in you,e
through the power of Jesus Christ,
every good thing that is pleasing to him.
All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.
What gift from God in my life have I abandoned prematurely?
Something that I am good at, but not taking time to develop it and use it for the kingdom and glory of God.
Bible study – takes commitment to read the Word
Teaching – time taken to prepare
Singing – time to write, practice
Prophesy – taking time to hear from God
- My marriage
- My work
- My business
- My child… as a single parent
- My ministry
- My Life!
At times it may not be (all) about me,
But of something greater than me ( in me / of God in me)
#Lord God Almighty
Forgive me for my pride and arrogance,
for my bitterness and laziness,
for my lack of patience and perseverance,
and all that is not of You in me that may make me not trust in You,
as well as all the times I have prematurely abandoned Your blessings in my life.
Help me to always humble myself towards You,
So that You may work in me and through me to accomplish Your will, purposes and plans ….for your Kingdom and for Your Glory.
Help me to always be a willing, obedient and faithful ( full of faith) servant,
holding firmly to the Word of Life,
Always assured that You will indeed restore, support and strengthen me,
In all situations that I go through for You.
I thank You Lord for Your Amazing Love,
I thank You Lord for Your Amazing mercy,
I thank You Lord for Your Amazing Grace.