Matthew 1 notes
Ancestry of Jesus Christ…
- … a descendant of David
- … a descendant of Abraham
Matthew depicts Jesus as King….
- Lion of the tribe of Judah
- The Sovereignty of Jesus
… Mark >> Ox / Servant
… Luke >> Son of Man / Human nature
… John >> Son of God / Divine nature/ Eagle
Any King has a lineage…
- … For Jesus it starts with King David
- … emanating from a promise to Abraham.
Women mentioned in Jesus lineage:
- … Tamar
- … Rahab
- … Ruth
- … Bathsheba
- … Mary
God can use the weak and foolish things to confound the strong and the wise…1 Corinthians 1:27
We are saved by grace through faith, and not by works, received as a free gift, so that none may boast…Ephesians 2:8-9
Not by power or might, but by the Spirit of God…Zechariah 4:6
We are the righteousness of God in Christ…2 Corinthians 5:21
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life….Ephesians 2:10
Therefore, the flawed me can still be used to give birth to Christ…
- Just need to present my self as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, which is my spiritual service of worship…Romans 12:1
- Indeed, as an instrument of righteousness …Romans 6:13
- A donkey for Christ, untied and freed for His use…Mark 11:1-10
Abraham – David >> 14 Generations
David – Babylonian exile >> 14 Generations
Babylonian exile – the Messiah >> 14 Generations
The significance of 14??
- Salvation & deliverance?
- Movement & change?
Joseph >> He will add ( Hebrew)
Mary was seeking first the kingdom and His righteousness and all other things shall be added ( Joseph? )??
… Giving birth to Christ ( Immanuel ) in me through the power of the Holy Spirit.