ARCI – 2020 October 18
>> Honored anointing fights (works) for you.
- Dishonored anointing fights against you.
We tap into an anointing through
The secret to the blessing is sacrifice
Look for 3 things when reading scripture
- Principle >> reveals the truth about God
- Program >> how to work and apply the principle
- Promise >> the result of believing the principle and applying the program
- Principle >> God is able, let us not limit God
- Program >> the power at work in us
- … works with the power in us
- …power is known by its fruits
- Promise >> multiply the generations to His glory
?? What is the name of the Lord God we serve?
There seems to be one name that is unique to the God of the bible, the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob??
Name of the Lord
- YHVH or YHWH
Exodus 3:13-15 (AMPC)
- 13 But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?”14 God replied to Moses, “I am who i am.[d] Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh,[e] the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.
Exodus 3:15 (NLT)
- God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.
Exodus 6:3 (NLT)
- I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.
Psalm 83:18 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
- May they know that You alone– whose name is Yahweh– are the Most High over all the earth.
Why is the name of the Lord important
- Though all the peoples each walk in the name of their gods, we will walk in the name of Yahweh our God forever and ever…Micah 4:5 (HCSB)
- The name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected….Proverbs 18:10 (HCSB)
Jeremiah 16:21 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
- “Therefore, I am about to inform them, and this time I will make them know My power and My might; then they will know that My name is Yahweh.”
- The power and might of the Lord through His Name.
- Was the name given to Moses as – YHVH – called the tetragrammaton
- The Latin translation of the name is Jehovah (JeHoWaH)– Latin J makes the Y sound
- Most translations use the capitalized LORD to represent YHVH, pronounced Yahweh
- Jesus >> Yeshua (Hebrew), Joshua (English) >> Salvation
- Yahweh Saves
- Yeshua HaMashiach >> The Anointed Savior
Yahweh Is The Covenant Keeping Name
Yahweh is the covenant-keeping name of God. When the creative aspect of God is recorded then the name Elohim is used (Genesis 1). However when there is a relationship involved with humanity the name Yahweh is used (Genesis 2). These differences are consistent throughout the entire Old Testament.