ARCI – 2020 Nov 8
>> Praying & Interceding for our Nation & leaders
… Political, religious, family
God is not a Democrat or a Republican
- He does not go with Tangatanga or Kieleweke
- ….Government or opposition
- … Siding with those for or against BBI
- And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho , that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?”
- So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the LORD I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”
The question is not
- Is the Lord on my side, but rather
- “Am I on the Lord’s side… & what does He want me to do?
- It is about God’s agenda, not ours!
Saul of Tarsus example
- Doing things zealously thinking the Lord was on his side
- Finding out that he needed to be on the Lord’s side & be guided by Him
- >> Road to Damascus experience >> Acts 9
Proverbs 16:25 (NKJV)
- There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
>>The Lord is looking for people on His side
2 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)
- For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.”
>>Willing to intercede on behalf of people and nations
Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
- So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.
>> For God first looks for an opportunity, even from a small remnant, to be merciful before rendering judgment
…for He desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.…1 Timothy 2:4
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
- if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
James 2:13 (NKJV)
- For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
>> Abraham intercedes for Sodom >> Genesis 18
- Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.>> Amos 3:7 (NKJV)
…doing nothing may not be an option
- ‘Curse Meroz,’ said the angel of the LORD, ‘Curse its inhabitants bitterly, Because they did not come to the help of the LORD, To the help of the LORD against the mighty.’
>> Example of Jonah being sent to Nineveh >> Book of Jonah
>>If you are too busy to pray, then you are busier than God wants you to be….
1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NKJV)
- Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
- for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
- For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
- who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
>> Basically, if all men, particularly our leaders, are saved, them we shall live quiet and peaceful lives as they concentrate on being godly ( in their actions) and having reverence (fear) of the Lord.
>> Pray for our leaders
- That they may be godly or have fear of the Lord
- What they do has influence over our lives
- God wants them to point people towards and not away from salvation
>> If Raila & Uhuru are saved and on fire for Christ, they could influence a lot of people for Christ
>>Trump, love him or hate him, has influenced a degree of godliness in America
- …prayer back in schools, freedom of worship, pro-life, Israel
>> If a father is saved, the whole family will likely fall into line
>> If a religious leader is off, he leads a lot of people away from God >> cults
Honour has a promise attached to it
>> Long prosperous life in the land
Deuteronomy 5:16 (NKJV)
- ‘Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
Lets pray for our leaders and those in authority & not speak against or curse them
Romans 13:1-2 (NKJV)
- Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
- Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
Easy road to judgement in Kenya
- Speaking against our president & political leaders, our husbands, our parents, our religious leaders
- And we wonder why we have so many problems
- >> Self inflicted wounds or curse encouraged by the media and society
- >> Devil is laughing & dragging a number of people all the way to hell, for a people perishing for lack of knowledge & understanding
- …wouldn’t be surprised if the 2007 post election violence in Kenya was a result of dishonoring the outgoing president Moi in 2002!!
- ..or how the dishonor in 2020 of the American President Trump is leading the nation towards the brink of violence and anarchy!!
Jude 1:9-10 (NKJV)
- Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
- But these speak evil of whatever they do not know; and whatever they know naturally, like brute beasts, in these things they corrupt themselves.
- …or NLT vs 10 >> But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction.
Judgement examples for dishonoring authority
- Miriam & Aaron against Moses >> Numbers 12
- Noah against Canaan because of Ham >> Genesis 9
- Absalom against David >> from 2 Samuel 15 –
>> Touch not the Lord’s anointed, do His prophets no harm… Psalm 105:15, 1 Chronicles 16:22
>> He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward. And he who receives a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward…Matthew 10:41
>> Will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you…Genesis 12:3
# Lets continue to intercede for America
- To be on the side of God while resolving their election dispute
- Not singing…yote yawezekana bila Moi or Trump
- >> Dishonour >> not leaving peacefully in the land
- >> Judgement
# Start praying and interceding for our nation Kenya as well for BBI & 2020 elections
- We get the right Godly leaders & Godly laws
- It is for our own peace >> If the ship sinks, it goes with all of us
&# For our own good and for God’s mercy & salvation to reach many
>> Let us all repent for going against or cursing authority
>> Being on the Lords side
- Children pray for parents
- Wives pray for husbands
- Citizens pray for political leaders
- Congregations pray for their religious leaders
>>…that it may be well with us in this beautiful land that the Lord has given us