ARCI – 2021 – Jan 17
>> Renewal & Divine Distinction
Divine Distinction >> Glorification through achieving my predestination in Christ
…not merely distinction but divine distinction!
…when God moves in to glorify Himself in me & through me
Romans 8: 28-30 (NKJV)
- 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
- 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Predestined >> Called >> Justified >> Glorified
>> Glorification occurs after the achievement of predestination in Christ
- But there is a process >> Calling and Justification
- …involves loving God & walking according to His called out purpose (predestination) for my life
- >> A fish is predestined to swim in water not to climb trees
- >> An eagle is predestined for flight not to hang out with the chickens
>> Glorifies the justified, Justifies the called, Calls the predestined
>> Calls the predestined, Justifies the called, Glorifies the justified
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
- For we are God’s handiwork (masterpiece), created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Do I know the good works that I was born (created) to do?
- My destiny??
- For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
>> My calling starts as a revealing or the starting of the manifestation of my divine destiny
- When a chick breaks out of its egg and starts growing towards maturity
- Starts out as a race with time limits to achieve destiny and win a prize (blessings, glory…medal)
1 Corinthians 1:23-24 (NIV)
- I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
- Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
>> I start on my calling when I agree (accept) to walk in faith to achieve my divine destiny
- James Bond >> Your mission, if you choose to accept it…
- One may accept a calling, but not pursue it as required
- … or mature as required
>> The test that produces the testimony
- A thorough searching of the heart and a testing of the mind is part of the justification process
- …and usually best done by the creator (manufacturer) of the product
Jeremiah 17:9-10 (NKJV)
- “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
- I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.
Where the called have been justified & are now to be distinguished for achieving excellence
– Glorification is the distinction process >> chosen out of the called & justified
- The giving (rewarding) according to their ways, according to the fruit of their doings
- “For many are called, but few are chosen.”…Matthew 22:14 (NKJV)
E.G.>> Many are called to go through the army recruitment process
- … a number are chosen to go through the training exercise >> probation
- …but only a certain few are actually justified to take up certain positions in the army
- Gideon’s 300 from about 30,000
A spirit of excellence brings distinction >> Daniel 6:3 (NKJV)
- Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm.
2 Peter 1:10 (NKJV)
- Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;…
Philippians 3:14 (NKJV)
- I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
2 Timothy 4:7-8
- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
>> The Race Towards my Divine Destiny
>> It is a (personal) race towards our glorification in Christ Jesus
- That starts from the day each one is born
>> There is a fight involved
- an obstacle course to achieve our divine destiny
- >> Matthew 11:12
- And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
>> Faith is essential
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him….Hebrews 11:6(NIV)
Hebrews 12:1 (NIV)
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
- … we are all encouraged by those that have gone before us and succeeded, that there is indeed a God that exists and rewards those who earnestly seek Him and pursue to accomplish His will purposes and plans for us (the race marked out for us)
>> My prayer according to Romans 8:28-30 for ARCI
- This season we grow in our love for God
- …get to know and pursue His called out purpose for our lives
- …He will work out everything for good
- …or …everything we encounter will be working out for good ( of His Kingdom & Glory)
- >> The wilderness experience of David prepared him for Goliath
- >> The trials and tribulations of Joseph prepared him for the palace
- >> God even turned Saul turned Paul’s enthusiasm & passion for persecution of Christ into love for Christ
All About >> loving God & pursuing ones called out purpose
- For He calls the predestined, Justifies the called, Glorifies the justified
>>1. Know what we were born to do >> Predestined to archive >> to fly or swim
>>2. Start walking in our calling >> Start flying like an eagle
- ..When we find we are frustrated in life
- …we are probably not in our right calling
- … And we find ourselves struggling & we and others wondering what is wrong
- ….. But we are like fish …but trying to pursue tree climbing against the monkeys
- ……..or An eagle trying to race on the ground against the chicken or the ostrich
- …Nothing wrong with the way God made us
- …but we are in the wrong element for our success
- …. wrong road towards our divine destiny
>> 3. Pass the justification process of our calling >>
- >> Excellence & divine distinction
- …focus on the divine >> dedicate it to God so that He can prosper it
- … everything made for Him and through Him and for His pleasure
- >> Flying like an eagle an not a chicken >> excellence that brings distinction
- …operating in excellence with the goal to attain full potential
Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
>> 4. And be glorified
- >> Achieving full potential according to divine design
- ….that others are amazed and glorify God
As seen in nature
- How we are amazed at different things we observe in nature, be it
- … the magnificence of the stars and the heavens
- … that mountains and the valleys, the rainforests, majestic rivers and lakes
- … the wildlife…the majesty of a lion, the stature of an elephant, the speed of a cheetah…
- … the beauty of a flower, the complexity of some fruits…
>> All display the glory of God & it speaks for itself >> Divine Distiction
- May it be so upon each and everyone of us
- That we are able to display the glory of God in our lives
- >> Achieve our full potential according to divine design
- … for the glory of God
>> Next seminar to address this issue for us
- Renewed back on track to know & achieve what we were created to do
- …to the glory of God our creator
- Predestined >> Calling >> Justification >> Glorification