ARCI – 2021 Feb 7
Sunday Teaching Notes
WANTING IN, WANTING OUT, WAITING OUT!!
Encountered a frustrated woman the other day.
- Frustrated that she was soon clocking 30 years
- Her hormones were going haywire
- … urgently desiring a husband and a child
- >> a man is not the problem, a husband is >> commitment
- … and complaining to God that all these years trying to be pure
- …. and neither husband & child coming her way
- … but her friends that compromised seem to be getting along fine!!
- >> WANTING IN
- She continues…
- Her work colleague is also complaining and frustrated with marriage
- …married early, 6 years on with 2 kids
- Able to get what she could not legally in her fathers house
- … There is one thing that made me leave my father’s house…
- … otherwise all was well provided for >> food, shelter, clothing!!
- Among other things, complaining on quality & quantity >> time, intimacy…
- >> WANTING OUT
The cynic in me… possibly requiring further deliverance…
- With all the drama that we see in the world, and portrayed in media
- Marriage seems …
- … a high risk, high stress environment
- … why would one, particularly women, be so eager to enter into marriage
- … and make it more dramatic by entering through the wrong door?!!
The devil is a very cunning salesman
- The classic Kenyan conman >>
- … from Kamiti Maximum Enterprises
- That preys on the greed of men and the love for shortcuts
- >> Spiritually summarized modus operandi
- … >> lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes & pride of life
2 Corinthians 11:14 (NIV)
- And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
With the agenda of killing, stealing & destruction
- >> showing & leading one through the wrong door that fulfills his agenda
While Christ, the only Way to the Truth of Life, now to eternity
- …coming to bring life, and life to its fullest
- the only right door
From God or the enemy??
Proverbs 10:22 (NKJV)
- The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
- … makes one prosperous, add value to ones life
- … and does not add sorrow (killing, stealing and destruction, the agenda of the enemy) with it
>> Sorrow is basically an affliction of the soul
- … Mind >> our thinking
- … Will >> what we do
- … Emotions >> what fruit is produced from the act of the will >> joy or sadness
Selling ones soul is therefore counterproductive …
- If the devil can offer you anything for your soul, how precious is your soul??
- >> Controlling your thinking & what you do in order to produce his fruit…anger, bitterness
The enemy would want to make one seemingly rich in one area…
- but he is a very shrewd business man
- … more than our inspired brethren at Kamiti Maximum School of Entrepreneurship
- … or the real pata potea street hustlers and gambling phenomenon
- >> You will definitely loose more than you will gain
- … whether individually or collectively
>> Lady working at a casino
- System is always rigged against clients
- So messed up, one would leave their wives as collateral
- … wife doesn’t know
- … taken to an executive room and told to enjoy herself
- …while the husband went to look for money!
>> Decisions have consequences
- Enemy >> stealing, killing or destruction
- Jesus >> Life and life more abundantly
>> Heaven & earth called to witness our choices — Deuteronomy 30:19
- Life or death
- Blessing or curse
- >> choose life
— Joshua 24:15
- Choose whom you will serve
- … as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Week of the Transformed Mind Seminar
- Having the mind of Christ
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (NKJV)
- For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (of the world) but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
- casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Proverbs 16:3 (NKJV)
- Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts (plans) will be established.
>> Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you….1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
>> Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass….Psalm 37:5 (NKJV)
>> Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken….Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
- Same lady, another story…
- Mother had a zoom meeting, a lady’s testimony
- Woman who had such a dramatic experience in marriage
- …but went back to God
- … I am not leaving until you speak and give a solution
- … Jacob contending with the Angel scenario
- >> Summary >>
- >> she settled on pursuing the Word of God ( Rhema & Logos) over her situation
- … casting her care & anxiety at Jesus feet
- > putting her focus on Jesus and not the problem
- > what or who you focus on, magnifies
- … Being the faithful wife despite the circumstances
- … Husband drunk coming home late, wakes up, cooks for him
- … for 3 years
- … Testimony after the test
- >> He stopped, changed and gave his life to Christ
- >> WAITING OUT
>> Pray that the LORD your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do.”…Jeremiah 42:3 (NIV)
>> Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name….Psalm 86:11 (NIV)
>> Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace (favour) in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.”…Exodus 33:13 (NKJV)
>> James 1
… is good chapter on perseverance under duress
James 1:4-6, 12 (NIV)
- Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
- 12 >> Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
Philippians 4:6-8 (NKJV)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
- and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
- Wanting IN, Wanting OUT or WAITING OUT
- Grass may seem greener on the other side
- … but you don’t know if it is being watered by sewage
>> Pambana na hali yako na Yesu
- Choose the right door to do it through
- … Wanting In, Wanting Out or Waiting Out
- Jesus is the Door, & the only way to the Truth of Life, now to eternity
- What we allow Him to author, He is faithful and just to walk with us to its completion
- …able to work out every situation for good as we continue to love Him and pursue our called out purpose
>> Proverbs 3:1-8 (NIV)
- 1My son, do not forget my teaching,but keep my commands in your heart, 2for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity.
- 3Let love and faithfulness never leave you;bind them around your neck,write them on the tablet of your heart. 4Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
- 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways submit to him,and he will make your paths straight. a
- 7Do not be wise in your own eyes;fear the Lord and shun evil. 8This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.