ARCI – Sunday February 21, 2021
February is a month of possessing our possessions
>> God wants us to prosper in all things, not just some
3 John 1:2 (NKJV)
- Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
2 Peter 1:3 (NKJV)
- as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
>> But requires deliverance & holiness…where a number of us fall short
Obadiah 1:17 (NKJV)
- “But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance,
- And there shall be holiness;
- The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
>> Possession requires dispossession (an action on our part)
Numbers 33:53 (NKJV)
- you shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land and dwell in it, for I have given you the land to possess.
- …God guarantees us victory for our actions of faith
…even the manna from heaven required the Israelite’s to go out and pick it
>> As one prays for a breakthrough, they will still have to go through!
Also critical is … having nothing in common with the enemy for us to succeed
- Israel was defeated at Ai becasue the sin of Achan …Joshua 7
- 7 Sons of Sceva trying to take authority over evil spirits…Acts 19
- …Jesus we know, Paul we know but who are you >> thorough beating
>> Deliverance & holiness are required for us to possess our possessions in Christ
>> Requires a statement of faith…
… we can’t please God without faith…Hebrews 11:6…
We have to come into agreement with GOD
- AMEN …with God
- Never Doubt God through out the journey!
Funeral of Simeon Nyachae
- An esteemed Kenyan leader, particularly by the Abagusii
- Exercise his boxing skills….
- … experienced by his children & even to the current DP
- But gracious in the end…
- ….as per the testimonies & appreciation of the children & DP
>> The Lord rebukes & disciplines whom He loves so that they may repent (change their mind)…Revelation 3:19
- At times, like Balaam and the donkey
- ….we have to discern why the donkey of life is giving us the run-a-round & frustrating us
- …. It may be that the Lord is just trying to get us off the wrong path of destruction
>> There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death…Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV)
This week…Kuchapwa kiboko ya Mungu
1st – Do you even know the name of the God you worship?
- Yahweh story
When one comes to the realization that
- …you know that you don’t know
- … unajua haujui!
2nd – another of the kind this week
>> Connected to possessing our possessions
>> Deliverance & Holiness…Obadiah 1:17
In summary …
- Putting God first
>> Putting God 1st vs Idolatry
Jeremiah 17:5 (NKJV)
- Thus says the LORD: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD.
… concerning people running around & earnestly seeking to meet up with men of for God to do something for them!
- …and neglecting (possibly grieving) the Holy Spirit
- Key >> Christ left us with the Holy Spirit to rely on, not man…refer to John 14
2 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)
- For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.”
>> Run around and earnestly seek a relationship with the Holy Spirit
>> Humility vs Pride & Arrogance
- Humility is the key to divine success
- …>> God resists the proud while He exults and gives grace to the humble…James 4
- One receives exultation and greater grace for success through humility
>> The price of divine success is humility
>> Paying the Price >> Sacrifice
>> 1 Chronicles 21:24 (NKJV)
- Then King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will surely buy it for the full price, for I will not take what is yours for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings with that which costs me nothing.”…
- >> David told to go build an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite
>> Carrying or Hosting the presence of God requires personal sacrifice
- Why David was known as a man after God’s heart ..1 Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22
>>Can’t get up at night to pray, or wanting to pray in bed
>> convenience vs personal sacrifice
Best summarized by Isaiah 6
- In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.
- For me to see and experience the glory of God in my life
- …King Uzziah >> representing pride & arrogance >> first has to die
>> Isaiah had to pass through deliverance and holiness in order to see & be used by God
God is a gentleman
- He does not interfere in the affairs of men
- … may abandon one to the lusts of the heart (Romans 1:24) if uncooperative
- ….But He intervenes ( when we cooperate with Him)
…We have to come into agreement with GOD
- AMEN …with God
- Never Doubt God