SN – 2 April 2022
Can I lose my salvation??
… my invitation into the Kingdom of God??
If a person is inviting you into his house
… He sets his terms and conditions – protocols
… it is for me to comply if I want to be part of and accepted into the house
… the problem is I want to enter or force myself into someone else’s house under my own terms!!
Unfortunately, that may be the way I want to enter Heaven – God’s House and into His presence
— Possibly lacking the understanding that…
_- Humility comes before honor
…Honor or access may be bestowed when I have humbly complied with the required protocols
Proverbs 15:32-33 (NKJV)
– He who disdains instruction despises his own soul, But he who heeds rebuke gets understanding.
– The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility.
Can I therefore lose access ( lose salvation) into heaven?
Welcome to today’s Maana for the heart ( food for thought)…
Gaining or losing access into heaven – ( losing salvation??)
If I wanted to visit State House,
…there are protocols to be observed
… without which it is highly unlikely that I may enter, let alone gain audience with the president
The basics of the protocol of heaven as I understand it…
Receiving the free gift of salvation…
…is by grace through faith and not by works, so that none may boast…Ephesians 2:8-9
… through Christ Jesus…the only Way to the Truth of Life, now & into eternity, in the presence of the Father…John 14:6
With the free gift of salvation offered to all…
– For God does not wish for any to perish, but for all to come into repentance… 2 Peter 3:9
– With God taking no pleasure in the death of the wicked… Ezekiel 33:11
– For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life… John 3:16
Being offered a gift is one thing…
…receiving or accepting it is another
… what I think of the gift and how I utilize it is yet another
_*What I do or how I treat a gift…*_
_*… shows my attitude towards and my acceptance of the gift*_
_*… indeed it betrays how much I value it*_
– Received by faith
– Utilized (valued, validated…) by action
…For faith without action is dead… James 2:17
And I can’t please God without faith, that is first believing in God and that He will indeed reward those who seek Him out diligently… Hebrews 11:6
*The free gift of salvation therefore require to be worked out ( utilized, validated…) with fear and trembling…*
… With the seriousness it deserves
… With the correct posture of my heart …Jeremiah 17:9-10
For it is the right thing to do if I expect to be honored with fruits of salvation
…. The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility…. Proverbs 15:33
Can I therefore lose my salvation??
… the free gift of salvation?
Esau was offered a blessing but despised it and ultimately lost it without remedy…
– And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright….Genesis 25:34 (NKJV)
Hebrews 12:16-17 (BSB)
– See to it that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his birthright.
– For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected. He could find no ground for repentance, though he sought the blessing with tears.
All in all, while the debate continues,
… May I continue to make every effort to present myself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth…2 Timothy 2:15
…. striving to make my calling and election sure …2 Peter 1:10
… casting off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles,
… and running with endurance the race set out for me… Hebrews 12:1
… while taking care not to fall away from grace … Galatians 5:4
… striving lawfully and with diligence in order to win, for a crown that is imperishable …2 Timothy 2:5, 1 Corinthians 9:24-26
… Fighting the good fight, finishing the race and keeping the faith through it all
… So that at the end of it all, I may receive the crown of righteousness …2 Timothy 4:7-8