SN – 30 April 2022
…we looked at the issue of salvation
…The fruit of salvation
… the joy of salvation
… and considered indeed
– how Amazing God’s Love is,
– how Amazing is His Mercy
– & how Amazing is His grace
Salvation being …
– The free gift received by grace through faith and not by works…
– Utilized (valued, validated, worked out…) by action
…For faith without (the requisite) action (to prove that I indeed have faith) is dead… James 2:17
… And I can’t please God without faith,
… that is first believing in God and that He will indeed reward me if I diligently seek Him out (the action)… Hebrews 11:6
Full teaching found below…
We also looked at
The quality assurance and testing process of ones faith in Jesus Christ
… the test of how genuine is my faith
… indeed what is it that can separate me from the amazing love of God!!
… that trial, tribulation or pressure that would make me give up on God – curse God and die (Job)
The bone of the matter and the meat of the issue ( structure & content ) can be found in the link below…
My apologies for missing out last week.
Today we look at Abraham
…how God tested him through sacrifice
… his act of faith through worship
… his justification through faith in action
Welcome to today’s – Manna for Thought
… tupate maana ya Manna huu!!
… indeed may God give us a Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him through His Word.
Genesis 22:1-2 (NKJV)
– Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham , and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
– Then He said, “ Take now your son, your only son
Isaac , whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
Sacrifice to God (obedience – denying self, taking up my cross and following the Word) is considered an act of worship.
Genesis 22:5 (NKJV)
– And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship , and we will come back to you.” …
Luke 9:23-24 (NKJV)
– Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself , and take up his cross daily , and follow Me.
For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
Hebrews 11:17-18 (NKJV)
By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
– of whom it was said, “In Isaac your seed shall be called,”
– concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)
– Trust in and rely confidently on the LORD with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
– In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].
James 2:21-23 (NKJV)
– Was not Abraham our father justified by works (considered righteous) when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
– Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect (complete)?
– And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God , and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.
We therefore see the various connections, such as of
… testing ( trials) & faith
… sacrifice & worship
… dying to self, our cross & following Jesus
… the works or actions that demonstrate or prove that I indeed have faith
… a friend of God having full faith in Him ( faithful) and is counted as righteous.
1 Peter 1:6-7
– In this I rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, I have been grieved by various trials,
– so that the tested genuineness of my faith —more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested (refined) by fire — may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 10:13
– No temptation or trial has overtaken me except such as is common to man;
… but God is faithful, who will not allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able,
… but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that I may be able to bear it….
1 Peter 5:10
– But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after we have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle us.
– To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.
Amen & Amen!!