SN 11 June 2022
We saw last week
… that to have the honor of being with God and operating in His Truth
… requires my humility and His grace
… as well as having confidence (…pleasing faith) in the love of God
We explored grace & truth and how grace came to empower me to live in truth
And when I don’t have faith, I am basically saying that I don’t believe God can be God in that situation!!
… the possible reason why anything not done in faith is considered sin.
Concluding therefore, that God is ready to lift up those who are humble enough to trust and fully submit to Him (faith)
- For His strength is made perfect (shown better, is more glorious) in weakness (in my humility & total submission)
… basically I need to get out of His way for Him to work effectively in me and through me to accomplish His purposes for His glory… for His ways and thoughts are not mine and are way higher for me to fathom!
- Especially when I am confident and perfected in His love
Part of our prayer last week being
… that we should be boldly approaching the throne of grace
… of the God of our Salvation
… who is able to protect us from stumbling, and to make us stand in the presence of His glory, blameless with great joy,
… and where we can receive mercy and find grace that is readily available to help us in our time of need.
Today we look at the example of Esther in relation to the various studies we have been having in the recent SN Saturday series
… a practical example of humility and grace that comes before honor
>> Daniel 9:13b (AMP)
- Yet we have not wholeheartedly begged for forgiveness and sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our wickedness and paying attention to and placing value in Your truth.
… was called to intercede on behalf of the nation of Israel
… and was to approach the throne of grace
… to receive mercy for herself and on behalf of the people of Israel
… and in the process also find grace for their help in the time of their need
… which was a matter of life and death.
… she had to boldly approach the throne of grace
… with her and the people of Israel humbling themselves and praying,
… seeking the face & favor of the Lord, while turned away from their wicked ways
Placing value (faith) in the Word of God (Truth), such as ..
>> But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him…Hebrews 11:6
>> The heart of the king are in the Hand of the Lord, and just like a stream of water, He can direct them wherever He wills…Proverbs 21:1
Queen Esther therefore went into the presence of the king
— With the understanding that it is not by might or power but by the Spirit of the Lord
— therefore entreating the love, mercy, grace, compassion & favor of the Lord and the king
… all the while allowing God to work in her both to will and to do His good pleasure…Philippians 2:12-13
- – And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
- … In this case Esther was found…
- – Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
- – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Therefore, like Esther,
…I may have to delight myself in the Lord and He will give me the desires of my heart
… according to His good pleasure
…. that is, He will work in me, both the desire and the ability (to will & to do) to accomplish His good pleasure
…He will make me have a heart and desire (strength and courage) to do the right thing by Him – His will
>> He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake…. Psalm 23:3b
>> He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them His way…. Psalm 25:9
1 John 5:14-15 (AMP)
- – This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us.
- – And if we know [for a fact, as indeed we do] that He hears and listens to us in whatever we ask, we [also] know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted to us] the requests which we have asked from Him.
>> God is looking for the faithful ( full of faith in Him) to reveal His power and glory
2 Chronicles 16:9a (NKJV)
- – For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
>> E.g. For David when he went against Goliath
That is what I consider amazing grace
… When God is added to my race as I delight myself in Him
… With Him giving me the power >> to will (have the desire) and to do ( ability and capacity) to accomplish His good pleasure
Philippians 2:13 (AMP)
- For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.
My act(ion) of faith in the matter is described in the previous verse, 12 of Philippians 2
… for faith without action is dead… James 2:26
… and it is to work out my salvation with fear and trembling
… basically laboring to enter into His rest, where He takes control of the matter or situation
>> For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His… Hebrews 4:10-11
… with pleasing faith that entails believing that He is and is indeed a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him
Philippians 2:12 (AMP)
- continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ].
2 Corinthians 5:9-10 (BSB)
- So we aspire to please Him, whether we are here in this body or away from it.
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad.
- A wonderful prayer and encouragement when we delight ourselves in the Lord
- … especially when we see the wicked seeming to prosper at the expense of the righteous.
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in Him, and He will do it.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness like the dawn,
your justice like the noonday sun.
And our prayer as we continue to seek out the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation in the knowledge of the Lord…
- – The Law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul;
- – the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- – The precepts of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart;
- – the commandments of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
- – The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever;
- – the judgments of the LORD are true, being altogether righteous.
- – They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
- – they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
- – By them indeed Your servant is warned; in keeping them is great reward.
- – Who can discern his own errors?
- – Cleanse me from my hidden faults.
- – Keep Your servant also from willful sins;
- – may they not rule over me.
- – Then I will be blameless and cleansed of great transgression.
- – May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
- – be pleasing in Your sight,
- – O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
AMEN & AMEN!!