Sunday 23 Jan 2022
SRPC Family 2022 Theme >> Year of Divine Turnaround
SRPC Wangige 2022 Theme >> Year of Divine Harvest
- What do the SRPC 2022 themes represent practically in my life?
I heard the prophetic word and wanted to go plant the seed…
- But it occurred to me that I don’t know what kind of seed it is so that I can plant it in the correct way!
These are some of the insights I gained in my quest to figure out the practical meaning of the prophetic themes for the year 2022…
- As a mango is planted differently from a banana
- … and we want to mitigate the – perishing for lack of knowledge and understanding – by the end of the year.
One thing that immediately stuck out & got be back to reality ( the narrow road perspective)
- ….from my initial excitement and (possibly carnal view or error in) thinking on the prophetic word
What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul….
- For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
- For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
It then begged the question
- What exactly do I want to harvest now into eternity?
This prophetic word therefore seems to me a test of the heart
- for where I will put my treasure, there also my heart will be
- Repentance is basically turning away from sin and turning towards God
- … a first step towards any Divine Turnaround
- … for it appropriately positions me to receive from the kingdom of God
Sample Repentance Scriptures
- Isaiah 59 – Our sin is what separates us from God
- Isaiah 58 – Am I fasting (seeking God) correctly or merely on a hunger strike?
- Daniel 9 – Daniel’s model of a repentance prayer
- Psalm 51 – David’s model of repentance prayer
I would therefore take a declaration of a divine turnaround for 2022 to mean
- That God wants to draw us to Himself and away from anything else
- … in seeking first His Kingdom & His Righteousness
- … and everything else ( I may desire) will fall into place…Matthew 6:33
My understanding is that we are being drawn back to basics…
… of the greatest commandment – Matthew 22:38-40
- Loving God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength
- Loving our neighbor as ourselves
- For we cannot say we love God but hate our brother
1 John 4:20-21 NKJV
- If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
- And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
1 John 2:9
- If anyone claims to be in the light but hates his brother, he is still in the darkness.
…. Expounded in the 10 commandments
- Exodus 20
Repentance is therefore key in gaining the kingdom of God
- And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel….Mark 1:15
Indeed it is about turning around to focus on God and seeking Him diligently
- One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.
The more we honor God ( delighting in the Fear of the Lord) the more He draws us to Himself
John 12:32 NKJV
- And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”
An example of a prayer to seek the presence and Face of the Lord is given in Psalm 24
Psalm 24: 3-6
- Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place?
- He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.
- He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah
A consequence of finding the Face of God
- Isaiah 6
- The year when King Uzziah (pride …) died….
- … I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up
- > for the pure in heart are those that see God…( )
- … woe is me, I am undone, a man of unclean lips
- > the presence of a Holy God, a consuming fire jealous of His Holiness, makes any stain of sin in us uncomfortable
- Following the process
- Revelation > Repentance > Sanctification > Readiness and acceptance > Commissioning
And it is not by power, not by might but by my Spirit ( Divinely Inspired Turnaround)
- Salvation – a free gift received by grace through faith and not by works, so that none may boast…Ephesians 2:8-9
- Then working it out with fear and trembling – with the seriousness it deserves
John 6:44 NKJV
- No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
May my heart be always open for the Father to draw me to Christ!!
Going back to the road of salvation, returning back to our first love
- “Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem: “This is what the LORD says: “’I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me and followed me through the wilderness, through a land not sown.
- Be found dwelling in the secret place of the Most High, Abiding in the shadow of the Almighty
- With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.
- Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You?
- Show us Your mercy, LORD, And grant us Your salvation.
- Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Once we have turned around, … Focusing on God and God alone…we are appropriately positioned to plant into and harvest from His kingdom
James 4:4, 7-8
- You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
- Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
1 Peter 5:6
- Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
— We reap from what we sow
Therefore, what / where / how should I be sowing in order to reap a divine harvest?
Galatians 6:7-10 NIV
- Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
- Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 5:17 – for the Spirit and the flesh are contrary and opposed to one another
Romans 6:22-23 NKJV
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.
Romans 8:8-9,13 NKJV
- So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
- For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Romans 13:14 NIV
- Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
It is about where ( on whom) one is planted and how one is planted…
- Planted in the True Vine that will produce in us His good fruit…John 15
- Setting our foundation on Christ Jesus the solid Rock..Matthew 7:24-25
Taking root downwards and bearing fruit upwards…our depths in the things of God
- Isaiah 37:31 NKJV
- – And the remnant who have escaped of the house of Judah Shall again take root downward, And bear fruit upward.
Going deeper into the things of God so as to gain a great ( supernatural) harvest …
- Luke 5:4-7 NKJV
- When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”
- But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.”
- And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.
- So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
Producing fruit worthy of repentance
- Matthew 3:8 AMP
- So produce fruit that is consistent with repentance [demonstrating new behavior that proves a change of heart, and a conscious decision to turn away from sin];
It is about the heart
- The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked…
Jeremiah 17:9-10 NKJV
- 9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, And ]desperately wicked; Who can know it?
- 10 I, the Lord, search the heart,I test the [e]mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.
The pure in heart are the blessed that see God…Matthew 5:8
It will be a requirement for me to plow the hard ground of my heart
- so as to make it suitable for the Word to take root, grow and bear fruit
- Matthew 13 – Parables of the sower and the seeds
- > Of wayward, stony, thorny or good hearts
Ezekiel 36:26 NIV
- I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
Jeremiah 4:3-4 NKJV
- For thus says the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem: “Break up your fallow ground, And do not sow among thorns.
- Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, And take away the foreskins of your hearts, You men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, Lest My fury come forth like fire, And burn so that no one can quench it, Because of the evil of your doings.”
Hosea 10:12-13 AMPC
- Sow for yourselves according to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God); reap according to mercy and loving-kindness. Break up your uncultivated ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, to inquire for and of Him, and to require His favor, till He comes and teaches you righteousness and rains His righteous gift of salvation upon you.
- You have plowed and plotted wickedness, you have reaped the [willful] injustice [of oppressors], you have eaten the fruit of lies. Because you have trusted in your [own] way and your chariots, in the multitude of your mighty men,
Matthew 6:33 NKjV
– But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Matthew 19:29 NKJV
- And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV
- 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord.
- 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
- Which spreads out its roots by the river,
- And will not fear when heat comes;
- But its leaf will be green,
- And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
- Nor will cease from yielding fruit.
It is a time to know the seasons and do like the sons of Issachar!
- ….especially when we get a prophetic word
- … to gain the required understanding & strategies for success from the Lord
- … so as not to perish for lack of knowledge and understanding
- Hosea 4:6
- Isaiah 5:13
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
- In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
2 Chronicles 16:9a
- For the eyes of the LORD roam to and fro over all the earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose hearts are fully devoted to Him.
And war over our prophetic word…
Matthew 11:12 NKJV
- And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
1 Timothy 1:18 – 19 NKJV
- This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare,
- having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck,
1 Timothy 4:14-16 AMP
- Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, [that special endowment] which was intentionally bestowed on you [by the Holy Spirit] through prophetic utterance when the elders laid their hands on you [at your ordination].
- Practice and work hard on these things; be absorbed in them [completely occupied in your ministry], so that your progress will be evident to all.
- Pay close attention to yourself [concentrate on your personal development] and to your teaching; persevere in these things [hold to them], for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.
Correctly dividing the Word of truth…. 2 Timothy 2:15
Seeking first the Kingdom & His righteousness
Not perishing for lack of knowledge…
- For life and death are in the power of the tongue and those who love it shall eat its fruit
- Proverbs 18:21
Sowing in the spirit and reaping righteousness
So as not to fail the test
… falling prey to lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life…
…focusing on self and how to gratify the flesh …
… and losing site of God….
…. and wonder at the end of the year what happened…
…. when the prophetic word of 2022 falls prey to the birds, hard hearts, thorns – (Mathew 13 parable of the seed and sower)
The first sacrifice that God requires is us, with the correct heart
- …a broken and contrite heart the Lord will not despise
- … and then He will be pleased with sacrifices offered in righteousness
- Psalm 51
The sweet smelling fragrance to God is the condition of our heart
2 Corinthians 2:15 – For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
… why both Cain and Able offered a sacrifice
…but only Able’s sacrifice was pleasing to the Lord
- When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the LORD.
- Abel also brought a gift—the best portions of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his gift,
- but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
Hebrews 11:4 NLT
- It was by faith that Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain did. Abel’s offering gave evidence that he was a righteous man, and God showed his approval of his gifts. Although Abel is long dead, he still speaks to us by his example of faith.
A sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to the Lord…Philippians 4:18
- Holy and acceptable to the Father
Romans 12:1-2 NKJV
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Matthew 5:23-24 NKJV
- Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
- leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Create in me a clean heart Oh Lord, and renew a steadfast spirit within me …Psalm 51:10
Kingdom harvest is the fruit of the Spirit –
Galatians 5:22-23 NKJV
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Running the race to win – not shadow boxing
- Fighting the fight, finishing the race and keeping the faith
- … for it is by grace through faith that we receive the free gift of salvation
- … and not by works so that none may boast
- …once received, salvation is to be worked out ( to fully manifest) with fear and trembling
- …fear of the Lord so as to be careful and diligent with the gift of salvation and utilize it with the seriousness it deserves
1 Corinthians 9:23-26 NIV
- I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
- Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
- Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
- Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
The aim of is to acquire the robe of righteousness and be fitted with the garments of salvation
- without spot or wrinkle
- Presented as a Holy and blameless bride of Christ
- with lamps full of oil, fruitful and multiplying for the kingdom
That is divine harvest??
- Seeking first the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
- …and all other things shall fall into place??
- …these are the fruits that the Lord requires of us
- … fruits worthy of repentance
- … which are only of His Spirit
Luke 10:2 NIV
- He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
He who wins souls is wise….another type of harvest for the kingdom that should not be neglected!!
Proverbs 11:30 NKJV
- The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise
James 5:20 NKJV
- let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
- Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.
It is indeed about being about my Fathers business
Turnaround and divine harvest
- It is not about gaining the whole world and loosing my soul
- …but seeking first His kingdom and His Righteousness
- …. and everything will fall into place
For what will it profit me to gain the whole world and lose my soul!!
- The temptations of Jesus in the wilderness
- Overcoming lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life
Isaiah 55 is a good prayer, where we are urged
- Come to the Lord and enjoy His goodness
- Seeking Him while He can still be found
- …forsaking our wicked ways
- He gives seed to the sower
- …and bread to the eater
- With His Word not returning to Him void,
- …but going forth to accomplish His desire and purposes
May my heart be aligned to the heart of the Lord in all my endeavors!!