SRPC 《《 *BIBLE STUDY* 》》
Sunday 9 October 2022
POSITIONED FOR FAVOUR & BLESSING
While previously we have looked at curses…
… we may have a tendency to focus on a problem
… but it is better to focus on the solution.
How do I position myself to be a partaker of God’s favour & blessing?
Prayer of Jabez
I Chronicles 4:9-10 NKJV
- Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.”
- And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.
Jabez possibly found himself born into or inherited a curse through his name,
… but he refused to be a victim of his circumstances!
… positioned himself appropriately ( being more honorable)
… and called on God
… Boldly approaching the throne of grace
… where He found mercy and received grace for His situation
… and God granted him his request.
Indeed possibly a 2 Chronicles 7:14 occurred…
… a person called by the Name of the Lord
… humbled himself and prayed
… sought the Face of the Lord while turned for his wicked ways
And the Lord graciously
… heard from heaven
… forgave their sin
… and healed their situation.
It starts with ones mindset
… that has to be transformed into alignment with the will of God
… so that it dictates the direction of ones life accordingly
… influencing what we say and what we do
… which in turn impacts our situations accordingly
- For as a man thinketh within his heart, so is he.
Romans 12:2 NKJV
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV
- For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
- casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
Proverbs 4:23 NKJV
- Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life .
Luke 6:45b NKJV
- For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
Proverbs 18:21 KJV
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue : and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Job 22:27-28 NKJV
- You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you, And you will pay your vows .
- You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways.
>> One needs to be tired of their situation
… and seek out the Lord in pleasing faith
… ready and willing to do whatever it takes – Jacob
Genesis 27:40 NKJV
- By your sword you shall live, And you shall serve your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, That you shall break his yoke from your neck.”
Genesis 32:26 NKJV
- And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.” But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me! ”
Hosea 12:4 NKJV
- Yes, he struggled with the Angel and prevailed ; He wept , and sought favor from Him. He found Him in Bethel, And there He spoke to us—
>> Strength and courage required for success
Matthew 11:12 NKJV
- And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
Deuteronomy 1:21 NKJV
- Look, the LORD your God has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as the LORD God of your fathers has spoken to you; do not fear or be discouraged .’
Deuteronomy 31:8 NKJV
- And the LORD , He is the One who goes before you . He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
Joshua 1:9 NKJV
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. ”
We note that
… there is an action on our part that may be required
… the violent take
… go up and possess
… God will be with us wherever we go.
& and we need to overcome fear, doubt & unbelief
… by not entertaining the spirit of fear – 2 Timothy 1:7
… but by understanding and focusing on
– The Love of God
– The Power of God
– Having our mind and thoughts in obedience to Christ ( mind of Christ or His perspective on the situation),
… therefore not panicking but having self discipline or self control.
Indeed… James 2:17
… faith without
… actions that indicate that we indeed have faith
… is considered dead – null and void.
And we can’t please God without faith … Hebrews 11:6
… pleasing faith being that we believe that God is ( indeed Almighty)
… and that He can surely reward ( perform for) those that diligently seek Him.
Conclusion & Prayer
II Corinthians 5:17-21 NKJV
17. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
18. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ , and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
19. that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them , and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.
21. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Numbers 6:22-27 NKJV
22. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:
23. “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘ This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel . Say to them:
24. “The Lord bless you and keep you;
25. The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
26. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” ’
27. “So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”
We need to pursue God & contend for His favour and our blessing…
…we require the favor of God complemented by
… the correct mindset
… strength and courage
… pleasing faith with actions
We need to be A.S.King for or from the Lord
>> A-sk to receive
>> S-eek to be found
>> K-nock for it to be opened up for us
When just asking doesn’t work, we go forth and seek.
If seeking doesn’t seem to be working, we need to be knocking on heaven’s door until we are heard.
… Blind Bartemaus
… Woman with the issue of blood