SRPC 《《 *BIBLE STUDY* 》》
TOPIC for Sunday 20 November 2022
This creation called man!!
… Who is man?
… held in such high regard by the Creator…
… that even the angels ask what is man?
This is to lead to the topic of …
…Who am I and what is my divine purpose?
For this Sunday’s Bible Study
… We may focus a bit on males , being Men’s Sunday
( noting that man is both male & female)
… and possibly touch on man’s role as Kings and Priests unto the Lord.
Our questions, comments and other contributions may be prepared on the above.
…& facilitation notes.
The story of salvation
… that we have been engaging with
… demonstrates to us the high regard that the Lord holds man
… going to great lengths to demonstrate His amazing love, mercy & grace to them…
… Philippians 2:6-8; 2 Corinthians 8:9
Salvation is a free gift, received by grace through faith,
… from a loving Father
… who so loved the world that He gave His dearly beloved Son
… as atonement for our sin
…. so that we may be reconciled back to Him
… and be restored back to our position of glory in His Kingdom
… as Kings and Priests
… to worship and give glory to Him while ruling and reigning over His creation
Story of the Prodigal son gives us some perspective on the broader salvation story
… of a loving Father
… willing to take us back and do what is necessary
… to reconcile us back to Himself & restore us eternally back to our position of power and authority
… to rule and reign with Him in honor and glory within the family fold.
Titus 3:4-7 NKJV
4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared ,
5. not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the
… washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
6. whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7. that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Therefore, part of the salvation story is where man is salvaged & restored back (reconciled, regenerated & renewed)
… into being children of the Most High – sons
… into the image and likeness of God our Father – gods
…’gods’ described in John 10:34-38 as those who are one with the Father, receive His Word and do His works.
… with dominion to rule and reign with Him over (the family business ) creation
… in glory and honor
… delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God… Romans 8:21
Who is man?
What is man?
As creation awaits the manifestation of the sons of God…
And even angel’s ask
… What is man?
Romans 8:19 KJV
– For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Psalm 8:4-6 NKJV
4. What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
5. For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
6. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
Genesis 1:26 KJV
26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth
27. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
(Male & female is man created in God’s image??)
28a. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Psalm 82:6 NKJV
I said, “You are gods , And all of you are children of the Most High.
Indeed, Jesus confirmed and explained further…
John 10:34-38 NKJV
34. Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “ You are gods ” ’?
35. If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36. do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
37. If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
38. but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”
NKJV – For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
AMP – For you [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified and] are all children of God [set apart for His purpose with full rights and privileges] through faith in Christ Jesus.
Revelation 5:10 KJV
– And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.