ARCI – 2020 Oct 25 >> Sunday notes
About a year ago, October 2019
- Was sitting in Apostles office talking
- …he suddenly says, …you should preach the following week
- It seemed sudden, caught me off guard
- …was just a few months at ARCI
- But interestingly, a year later we are being commissioned as servants in ministry
It has taken awhile for it it sink in
- As the battle was to bring every thought into the obedience off Christ...
2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- And stop behaving / running away like Jonah
- …or giving excuses like Moses (speech), Gideon (least among the people), Isaiah (unclean lips), Jeremiah (youth)….
And come to the understanding that
- …. it is not about me or my ability
- Not by might or power, but by the Spirit of God ..Zechariah 4:6
But that there is always a remnant chosen by grace>> Romans 11:5-6 (NIV)
- So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
- And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
Where Yahweh will choose the weak and foolish things of the world to confound the strong and the wise
- For His own glory
>> 1 Corinthians 1:26- 29 (NIV)
- Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.
- But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
- God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things–and the things that are not–to nullify the things that are,
- so that no one may boast before him.
For when I am weak (humbly submitted to Christ, acknowledge that I can’t on my own)
- is when the Lord can come in and make me strong by His grace
>> 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
- But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
He does not want to share His glory with another>> Isaiah 42:8 (NKJV)
- I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.
My basic understanding of ministry
- Serving God in any capacity in life
- Being a disciple >> a disciplined follower of Christ
- Something everyone calling themselves Christian — a follower of Christ – is called to do
- That discipline part was what some of us were trying to run away from
- >> Doing things as required and in order,
- Consistency in
- >> Prayer & fasting, reading the Word, Loving God, & the more challenging > loving man
- … one sees the discipline in Muslims >> pray 5x a day
- Can I read the bible, all of it not selected parts only
Ministry is about service not being served
- Prophet leads prayers from 8:30… can I be disciplined to make it
- There is praise and worship practice, do I make time to attend
- There are services midweek…
- There are opportunities to serve in the Church >> or is it only for others
Luke 9:23-26 (NKJV)
- Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me ( not only on Sunday)
- For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
- For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?
- For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.
It is therefore a privilege and honor to be called to serve the Lord, Yahweh
- For God’s plans for me are for my good and not bad..
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- It is all for my own good, for a hopeful, prosperous future
He justifies whom He calls,
- Doesn’t call the justified
- Requires a willing, obedient and faithful heart
- I am not doing Yahweh a favor
- But Yahweh is doing me the favor
- Hence the privilege and honour to serve the Lord
Just to encourage each and everyone of us to
- find out what we are called to do
- And start walking in it
- Yielding to the Lord and following His direction
- What the Lord has been Alpha of…He will also be the Omega….
- What we allow God to author in our life, He shall be obligated to finish…
- …For His own sake, not necessarily mine
- … He uses me for His glory, not mine!
- Picture Jesus riding the donkey into Jerusalem
>> Isaiah 48:11 (NKJV) –
- For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another.
# May we indeed accept the privilege and honor of serving the Lord
- Seeking first His Kingdom and His Righteousness
- Because when we make our life all about Him
- He makes everything in our lives to fall into place
- For our own good, hopeful future and prosperity